HEY! Marines . . . New Covers? check this out

bertzie

Reaction score
Accept that you dont understand and its a cover not a hat.

Not to further nit pick, Navy and Marines wear utilities, not BDU's....just saying

It covers the head and it's not a wig, so it's a hat. You can come up with all kinds of ceremonious excuses to call it something else, but at the end of the day, it's just a ****ing hat.

Hamtone

Reaction score
It covers the head and it's not a wig, so it's a hat. You can come up with all kinds of ceremonious excuses to call it something else, but at the end of the day, it's just a ****ing hat.

As i said accept you dont u derstand.

Hamtone

Reaction score
Try to explain then. Seriously, explain a situation in which a hat isn't a hat.

Because you not being a Marine, wouldnt get it. We're the only branch that actually lives it history like a religion, somethings like gender separation are important.

So as i said, just accept that you dont understamd.

bertzie

Reaction score
Because you not being a Marine, wouldnt get it. We're the only branch that actually lives it history like a religion, somethings like gender separation are important.

So as i said, just accept that you dont understamd.

You're right. I don't get the cultural significance of a hat. But then, I would have thought United States Marines would have been above whining like a bunch of French girls over a hat. I always thought the Marines were about being the best damn killing force in the world, not about dressing fashionably.

Hamtone

Reaction score
You're right. I don't get the cultural significance of a hat. But then, I would have thought United States Marines would have been above whining like a bunch of French girls over a hat. I always thought the Marines were about being the best damn killing force in the world, not about dressing fashionably.

Again its not about fashion.

bertzie

Reaction score
........ Pretty sure it is, since the bitching is about how the hat is too "girly", and you're the only one that's mentioned gender disparity. The current men and womens hats don't even look that different anyways. If it weren't for all this whining I wouldn't have even know they did wear different hats.

Cozmik Cowboy

Reaction score
Let me try to explain to, Bertzie (I grew up in a Marine household): The Marines want you to think they're the best damn killing force in the world, but a dispassionate look at history shows that their mystique is based not on combat effectiveness, but on their spiffy duds and a willingness (nay, eagerness) to take uneccesarily high casualities (the red stripes on the pants they wear with those hats are called "blood stripes"; they were added to commemorate USMCs massive losses in some meaningless battle or another: one of their proudest boasts is the aforementioned Sgt. Daly's "C'mon, you bastards, do you want to live forever?" in WWI: in the Pacific in WWII, MacArthur took twice as many island as the Marines - losing about as many men in the war as USMC did on Okinawa: in Vietnam, the marines took proportionately higher casualties than other branches because of a distain for fortifications.....I could go on) .
If one of your 2 claims to fame is bad tactics, you're going to be touchy about the other one (don't call their "blouses" jackets, either...)

bertzie

Reaction score
I didn't know the marines had a claim to bad tactics.

Hamtone

Reaction score
Let me try to explain to, Bertzie (I grew up in a Marine household): The Marines want you to think they're the best damn killing force in the world, but a dispassionate look at history shows that their mystique is based not on combat effectiveness, but on their spiffy duds and a willingness (nay, eagerness) to take uneccesarily high casualities (the red stripes on the pants they wear with those hats are called "blood stripes"; they were added to commemorate USMCs massive losses in some meaningless battle or another: one of their proudest boasts is the aforementioned Sgt. Daly's "C'mon, you bastards, do you want to live forever?" in WWI: in the Pacific in WWII, MacArthur took twice as many island as the Marines - losing about as many men in the war as USMC did on Okinawa: in Vietnam, the marines took proportionately higher casualties than other branches because of a distain for fortifications.....I could go on) .
If one of your 2 claims to fame is bad tactics, you're going to be touchy about the other one (don't call their "blouses" jackets, either...)

Oh for christs sake.....

Hamtone

Reaction score
The whole reason for the cover servey was, the mfr for the wms cover is going out of biz. Thats it, thats all, not the fox news startle the tinfoil off the heads of the ultra right .

tinman402

Reaction score
All Merica's money issues and this is what we get.. A new dress lid... WINNING...

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The whole reason for the cover servey was, the mfr for the wms cover is going out of biz. Thats it,
Oh good grief. So instead of contracting the "design" to another company, they find a way to waste more money with a total unnecessary re-design instead. :laugh2:

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have an idea Bertzie. How 'bout you spend a weekend down in Oceanside, CA. Enjoy the beautiful landscape, the sparkling beaches, the great weather. Then argue with a few folks about "hats n' covers", just like you have here. Be sure not to leave anything out, such as Marines whining like French girls and such. You can start your crusade in any beer bar on any given weekend. You'll certainly be the toast of the town.

I can only hope that the reaction would be posted on YouTube. :laugh2:

tinman402

Reaction score
Now you wanna talk about a uniform that desperately needs to be addressed, let's discuss the navy dungarees.. Bell bottoms went out in the 70s.. I know I know all about the life preserving flotation crap but come on with today's tech we could put a lifeboat in the back pocket...

I was in the navy by the way so I can talk about how goofy that shit is..

Latest Threads