Reaction score
What a ridiculous article.

"When Obama's done makin' our uniforms gay, he's gonna take our birthday away!"

Hamtone

Reaction score
What a ridiculous article.

"When Obama's done makin' our uniforms gay, he's gonna take our birthday away!"

Fk'n retarded.

I hate to say it, but most of my brothers are off the edge ultra right wing tinfoil hat sort of people. On my fb I spend most of my time rolling my eyes at some of the bs that they believe.

They are far better with a weapon and someone to kill than function without those things. :laugh2:

radarlove

Reaction score
In my 28 yr USAF career, we went through multiple uniform changes. One constant was the Corps didn't seem to change much. They changed their utilities a time or two, but nothing like the USAF. The changes cost Airmen, directly and indirectly, millions if not billions for little good reason. I remember Marines razzing us about our new 'inspired by Al Italia' dress uniform in the early 90's. They said the Corps didn't have the money for that crap.

I find it hard to believe the President is getting down to this level of micro-management. Much more likely, it's those below him, civilian and military. DOD, much less the Corps, doesn't have money to spend on things like this especially when we are cutting the force left and right. I read this AM the estimated cost for the hat change is $8 million. Jeez. What's next?:facepalm:

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The DOD is wasting so much money on uniform crap lately.

Like in the Army, the ACU is being replaced next year (That in itself was like a 8 billion dollar **** up). We're also getting the new PT Uniform.

Bluesky

Reaction score
Its an unnecessary change at this time IMO no matter who ordered it. If it ain't broke why fix it? That said , no way to make a Marine look girlie. Dress them in pink and they will still kick your Mtha Fvkin ass.........:dude:

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Its an unnecessary change at this time IMO no matter who ordered it. If it ain't broke why fix it?

This... and also, far better to spend the money on useful things, that uhhhhhh I dunno, might help them survive all the "not a war" bullshit our "leaders" keep them in.

bertzie

Reaction score
United States Marines bitching about hats like a bunch of French sailors.

That ain't right.

duck2k

Reaction score

It's a hat.

It. Is. A. ****ing. HAT.

Anyone that argues about the styling of a ****ing hat probably has to carry what's left of their balls in a purse.

I do not think you understand Marine tradition, nor the core values and military bearing of the Corps.

bertzie

Reaction score
I do not think you understand Marine tradition, nor the core values and military bearing of the Corps.

You're right, I don't understand Marine tradition. I've certainly been unaware that it involved whining like a 12 year old girl over a ****ing hat.

lunchbox

Reaction score
USN_NWU1.jpg

Couldn't be worse than this anyway. Oh how I miss the dungarees.

splatter

Reaction score
"Thanks to a plan by President Obama to create a “unisex” look for the Corps, officials are on the verge of swapping out the Marines’ iconic caps – known as “covers” — with a new version that some have derided as so “girly” that they would make the French blush.":shock:

well what did you expect after all Obie is our first unisex president :laugh2:

duck2k

Reaction score
I shlouldnt kid, we were issued BDU's for
standing gate security in 88.

fn99.jpg

We wore those when I was on Auxillary Security Force in P'cola. So like you, I was exposed to them before the blue chips (I was long gone out of the Navy when they first issued the blue chip BDU's).

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
We wore those when I was on Auxillary Security Force in P'cola. So like you, I was exposed to them before the blue chips (I was long gone out of the Navy when they first issued the blue chip BDU's).

Yea, I was at NAS Pensacola when I got these!

Hamtone

Reaction score
You're right, I don't understand Marine tradition. I've certainly been unaware that it involved whining like a 12 year old girl over a ****ing hat.

Accept that you dont understand and its a cover not a hat.

Not to further nit pick, Navy and Marines wear utilities, not BDU's....just saying

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I was what was known as a "black cap" Ranger. Back then, only Rangers wore black berets. Then one day, someone decided that every damn soldier in the army was going to receive a black beret (exceptions to the airborne an Special Forces, who retained their respective maroon and green berets).

That "chic", "stylish" move pissed off a lot of Rangers. There were even bumper stickers goin' around with "earned, not issued', etc. What did the Rangers do about it?

-They went to a tan colored beret.

Latest Threads