Hey let's talk about wristwatches ok?

Prometheus

Reaction score
That’s just light. It’s an untouched 16040.
Ah! I love the simple beauty of it! Shame that rolex design has been faked and homaged to the kingdom come. that's why I'm apprehensive to buy a sub in the first place... besides, I'm an Omega fanboy lol, more omega pics in coming days!

Also, I just cant stand maxi cases on newer rolexes, they are ugly as sin imo

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
Ah! I love the simple beauty of it! Shame that rolex design has been faked and homaged to the kingdom come. that's why I'm apprehensive to buy a sub in the first place... besides, I'm an Omega fanboy lol, more omega pics in coming days!

Also, I just cant stand maxi cases on newer rolexes, they are ugly as sin imo
Sub Dates are FAR more popular than Non-Date versions.

I guess I don't have an issue with the Maxi Cases, both old and new are 40mm. What I don't care for are the Explorer II 42MM. WAY to big for my girlie wrists.

Prometheus

Reaction score
Sub Dates are FAR more popular than Non-Date versions.

I guess I don't have an issue with the Maxi Cases, both old and new are 40mm. What I don't care for are the Explorer II 42MM. WAY to big for my girlie wrists.
Yeah I'm aware! I just can stand the cyclops haha, also ND is far more cleaner, esp two-liner! As a "tool watch" should be!

Size may be the same, but dunno, when I tried it on, it just looked wrong to me. Hey I have 6.25 inches wrist so watch your mouth! XD Never really understood the EX2 myself, I mean, if there's 24h hand, I want to have a rotating bezel as well (As a GMT)! I know the purpose of it on EX2, I read somewhere that it was for spelunkers and miners? to know when it was day or night. But I won't be getting any use of it... so to speak.

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
I've got a Polar Explorer also. I love it. You'll see a thousand Subs and DateJusts before you see ONE Explorer.

NotScott

Reaction score
Sea Dweller

It was the first automatic watch I ever had. I used to use Casio Data Banks back in the day before cells to store all data. I always heard that quartz watches were more accurate. So when my wife bought the Rolex for me, I was a little annoyed to find out that it was 4 seconds slow per day. A little more research and it urns out the Rolex was .5 sec slow per day and the Casio was 3.5 seconds fast. I wore that watch through all kinds of conditions for 10 years before it needed a service. As an engineer, I can realty appreciate mechanical precision and reliability to that degree.

As for date and bling, this is my favorite Rolex:

Prometheus

Reaction score
For me, there is nothing particularly intriguing about a Daytona.

If I found one in an old suitcase, the only reason I'd keep it would be to show it off to watch-sniffers. ;)

I don't even bother to set it on my watch. I'm not putting my glasses on to check the date, AND I'm not jumping through the hoops to figure out how to set it (and the day-of-week in two languages can kiss my ass if it thinks I'm gonna figure THAT out!).
For me Daytona is just more ostentatious Speedmaster without a cool story to go with it lol

My OCD won't let me XDDDD I would be so annoyed!

Prometheus

Reaction score
As this thread progresses I look forward to someone saying they actually understand how to use a tachymeter bezel AND they have a valid use for one in this era.
tachymeter is like basic math compared to that bezel calculator thingy on navitimer tho! even I can use tachymeter! Do I use it? no ofc, it's rather dangerous to stare at your watch while driving after all lol

Prometheus

Reaction score
I've got a Polar Explorer also. I love it. You'll see a thousand Subs and DateJusts before you see ONE Explorer.
in the land of the tentacles, everybody wears Rolex, seen sub LV and hulk, regular sub and explorer everywhere, haven't seen many of Exp2 nor sea dweller in the wild tho. Also, can you regard datejust as a sport watch?

MEANWHILE! In Sweden, I've seen Rolexes only a handful of times... like 10 at most lol

m2.jpg

NRBQ

Reaction score
There really is no reason other than collecting them to have a wristwatch. And the reason is that everyone carries a pocket watch with them every day, also known as a cell phone and that's enough for me.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Reaction score
There really is no reason other than collecting them to have a wristwatch. And the reason is that everyone carries a pocket watch with them every day, also known as a cell phone and that's enough for me.
I could think of nothing worse than having to pull my phone out whenever I want to know what time it is :rolleyes:

Aside from its obvious function, to a degree a watch is also a statement. They mean different things to different people and mean nothing to others, but I think their collectibility actually bears a similar resemblance to collecting guitars

Yes I'm a bit of a watch snob but the ones I own all mean something special to me. Notable ones include a limited edition 007 Omega Seamaster and a Tag Heuer CK1120 '2000' series in gold. I purchased both of them onboard QE2 cruise liner nearly 20 years ago shortly before I met my wife

DADGAD

Reaction score
I always had a thing for Seiko. On the top is the one my dad wore in University in ‘67. A nostalgic resurgence led my to pick up a couple more. the middle one is 1970, and the bottom one is 1973. I prefer ones that have either a functional aspect or emotional connection.

399DA044-9408-4FD3-A53C-CEA34F710E12.png

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
You're trolling right? Please tell me you are trolling.

Latest Threads