Hey F-150 owners, the F-150 EV is officially unveiled. Ford Lightning, here you go.

Olds442

Reaction score
Here comes the electric F-150. I know this is a day that many F-150 owners have been looking for.

video deleted, he mentioned a politician that's out of bounds. what a dick.

so anyway it was interesting until then for us here. check it out.

Last edited:

DotStudio

Reaction score
No one gives a crap about the union, show the truck.

JTM45

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe I’m saying this but “I like it”

Olds442

Reaction score
I think it’s a douche move to call it an F-150.

You have something new, call it something new.

It’s just so they can say the F-150 is the best selling truck. Well sure it is, if you call almost everything you make the same name.
they should've called it the Mustang F-150 Lightning.

Last edited:

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s a douche move to call it an F-150.

You have something new, call it something new.

It’s just so they can say the F-150 is the best selling truck. Well sure it is, if you call almost everything you make the same name.
And to call it a "Lightning". That's not a Ford Lightning.

Olds442

Reaction score
looking forward to seeing how the options play out. i do think 300 miles is enough but more cool features is hard to beat. charging your house for multiple days is something tesla could have done all along but failed to deliver as it would impede the home battery sales. this is game changer in that realm. i'm all in as i have a home battery and realize the benefits. that's huge.

i can overlook a few charging stations based on the fact that i used one supercharger out of need, ever. well done ford.

DotStudio

Reaction score
looking forward to seeing how the options play out. i do think 300 miles is enough but more cool features is hard to beat. charging your house for multiple days is something tesla could have done all along but failed to deliver as it would impede the home battery sales. this is game changer in that realm. i'm all in as i have a home battery and realize the benefits. that's huge.

i can overlook a few charging stations based on the fact that i used one supercharger out of need, ever. well done ford.
If this is accurate, you get a lot for under 60k with the Lariat.

Lariat ($59,000 est.)
Like the XLT, the Lariat comes standard with the Standard Range Battery, and the Extended Range pack is optional. Lariat models have gray 20-inch wheels. All Lightning models come standard with fixed running boards, but the Lariat and Platinum have available retractable running boards and a power tailgate. The Lariat comes standard with heated and cooled leather seats and the 15.5-inch vertically oriented touchscreen that uses Ford's Sync 4A infotainment system. An eight-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system is standard, and a function that allows you to use a phone as a key is available, too. The Lariat models come standard with the 9.6-kW ProPower Onboard. Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 is standard, and BlueCruise and active park assist are available on the Lariat. Both tow packages are available.

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in the Detroit - Dearborn area (Ford Country) where all the research and development (World Headquarters) happens for the big three.

I know quite a few people from my time working at Ford. as a contractor.

they used the F-150 platform because it sells well already that's the ONLY reason ....they also took advantage of the chassis that had plenty of room to work with the motors and the batteries ......they didn't have to shoehorn this stuff into a small car .....and really didn't need to re- tool the whole line ....Final Assembly will be a piece of cake...and if you ever see what's that all about then your can only nod in agreement.

amazing how they do that ....really...

It has some minor drawbacks like weight and range....(Expected) It will have teething problems ....I think this was a rushed project....

But the move to release this tech as a truck (F-150) is really a brilliant move....

They have the sales edge on the platform and after the ultimate failure of that horrible Mustang ....they need to recover....

Its all really a test market...(it always is) and a new model name and or type would just turn most people off....This is aimed at long time F-150 drivers like me ...(who prefers and 8 cylinder....12 if they had it) And younger middle spenders with middle sized families who don't want an SUV....

Real ranchers will want their 8 cylinders, most hate the 6 cylinders

So I don't work at ford anymore ...I work for a competitor now (actually hired in) instead of a contractor position....Fords Loss ...

But I can tell you they have one too and its panic time after the recent Presidential release of this F-150 ......They want theirs out tomorrow ....but we will have to wait.... and the delay isn't their fault ....supply chain is a giant mess for all the auto makers.....

Hence the other reason for Fords "surprise" release....

BTW I would wait a year after the first model year ....Ford uses first year releases as a test bed .....while you pay.....(they all do)

Olds442

Reaction score
If this is accurate, you get a lot for under 60k with the Lariat.

Lariat ($59,000 est.)
Like the XLT, the Lariat comes standard with the Standard Range Battery, and the Extended Range pack is optional. Lariat models have gray 20-inch wheels. All Lightning models come standard with fixed running boards, but the Lariat and Platinum have available retractable running boards and a power tailgate. The Lariat comes standard with heated and cooled leather seats and the 15.5-inch vertically oriented touchscreen that uses Ford's Sync 4A infotainment system. An eight-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system is standard, and a function that allows you to use a phone as a key is available, too. The Lariat models come standard with the 9.6-kW ProPower Onboard. Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 is standard, and BlueCruise and active park assist are available on the Lariat. Both tow packages are available.
so the lariat is at $60K. the CT is $49K. i see where this will be going.

DotStudio

Reaction score
I'm in the Detroit - Dearborn area (Ford Country) where all the research and development (World Headquarters) happens for the big three.

I know quite a few people from my time working at Ford. as a contractor.

they used the F-150 platform because it sells well already that's the ONLY reason ....they also took advantage of the chassis that had plenty of room to work with the motors and the batteries ......they didn't have to shoehorn this stuff into a small car .....and really didn't need to re- tool the whole line ....Final Assembly will be a piece of cake...and if you ever see what's that all about then your can only nod in agreement.

amazing how they do that ....really...

It has some minor drawbacks like weight and range....(Expected) It will have teething problems ....I think this was a rushed project....

But the move to release this tech as a truck (F-150) is really a brilliant move....

They have the sales edge on the platform and after the ultimate failure of that horrible Mustang ....they need to recover....

Its all really a test market...(it always is) and a new model name and or type would just turn most people off....This is aimed at long time F-150 drivers like me ...(who prefers and 8 cylinder....12 if they had it) And younger middle spenders with middle sized families who don't want an SUV....

Real ranchers will want their 8 cylinders, most hate the 6 cylinders

So I don't work at ford anymore ...I work for a competitor now (actually hired in) instead of a contractor position....Fords Loss ...

But I can tell you they have one too and its panic time after the recent Presidential release of this F-150 ......They want theirs out tomorrow ....but we will have to wait.... and the delay isn't their fault ....supply chain is a giant mess for all the auto makers.....

Hence the other reason for Fords "surprise" release....
Unfortunate naming aside, how exactly is the Mach-E a failure? It's selling very well.

Olds442

Reaction score
You pay extra for compound curves.
yep, but when you pay extra and don't have compound curves you get tri-motor plaid performance.

nothing against ford, i'll keep my res and see what can shake out of it.

Latest Threads