he's back

NRBQ

Reaction score
Sounds good, every time I see a video like this to me it just reinforces how great Hendrix was to have done this a full half a century ago. It's makes his sound and vision all the more amazing, the headless guitarist has the recreation down pat, Hendrix did it all first and with a road map that was completely in his head.

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn’t care for the wah? I’m talking in general terms here not just this video.

NRBQ

Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn’t care for the wah? I’m talking in general terms here not just this video.
I love the wah wah pedel, have one although I haven't broken it out for some time.

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
I love the wah wah pedel, have one although I haven't broken it out for some time.
I always equate one with that compressed 70’s sound. Cant shake it.

Malikon

I'm gonna let you down And leave you flat
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
rather clinical sounding. Sounds very practiced, where's the swagger? I've never heard Hendrix sound so White. It needs drag and swing, push and pull,... looseness, not perfect metronome timing.

no feel; too many notes

:laugh2:

Last edited:

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
rather clinical sounding. Sounds very practiced, where's the swagger? I've never heard Hendrix sound so White. It needs drag and swing, push and pull,... looseness, not perfect metronome timing.

no feel; too many notes

Laugh, but that’s EXACTLY what bugs me about
Eric Johnson. Bash around a little for cryin out loud.

Lungo

Reaction score
I can't stand the sound of it. Doesn't matter who it is playing.

Malikon

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Laugh, but that’s EXACTLY what bugs me about
Eric Johnson. Bash around a little for cryin out loud.
it's not articulated but I think that's the thing that bugs people about JB too. Some players are fantastic players but they're a little stiff.

"bash around a little" is a really good way to put it. Almost all my favorite players are loose and just a little bit sloppy. From Yngwie to Satriani to Hammett and Mustaine,... Van Halen,.. there's just a little bit of looseness and swagger to it. It doesn't sound like a machine is playing.

then you get guys like Petrucci or Michael Batio who play perfectly, .. but it's a little stiff sounding.

pnuggett

Reaction score
it's not articulated but I think that's the thing that bugs people about JB too. Some players are fantastic players but they're a little stiff.

"bash around a little" is a really good way to put it. Almost all my favorite players are loose and just a little bit sloppy. From Yngwie to Satriani to Hammett and Mustaine,... Van Halen,.. there's just a little bit of looseness and swagger to it. It doesn't sound like a machine is playing.

then you get guys like Petrucci or Michael Batio who play perfectly, .. but it's a little stiff sounding.
Ha......he said a little stiff.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score

"bash around a little" usually provided courtesy of Jack Daniels and possibly a bit of South American bam bam.

gadafi

Reaction score
no feel; too many notes
'ere Mal.... where's the hotty gone?

Malikon

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
mp,840x830,matte,f8f8f8,t-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u4.jpg

She is..

MeikoKajiDoc-1.jpg

Most famous for being Lady Snowblood and also Female Prisoner Scorpion

she also was a popular singer in the 70's..

8142516281_90d170094b_b.jpg

that song was used in Kill Bill

..Kill Bill is sort of a rip-off of Lady Snowblood. Especially the Lucy Liu character in particular.

Last edited:

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I think the video does a great job of highlighting how important the bass line is to the greatness of this tune.

NRBQ

Reaction score

I'm with you, let a few mistakes into that final recording, VH did that, let some of the warts show, it gives the music that human element. Wasabi, the perfection of imperfection or whatever the F it is.

This

Latest Threads