heritage cherry sunburst aka clownburst appreciation thread

tmb1958

Reaction score
i know there are lovers of the much maligned heritage cherry sunburst or as many here call it the "clownburst, bozoburst". me i have grown to love them, when they are done well they bring out the best in the maple top. i prefer them anyday to a darkburst, tobacco or the silverburst all of which have that sharp color contrast that brings on the taunting of the mighty hcsb.
should see that old and tired picture very quickly with the horrorbursts and clown.
here is my '93 standard

pavs

Reaction score
That's a fine guitar in my book!!!
\m/

Lowdown

Reaction score
My bitch says "please don't take me back to the soicus Mister"!

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My #1 is a clownburst. It's fugly, and I'm not going to prolong anyone's suffering with needless pics of it. :shock::laugh2::naughty:

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Not all heritage cherry bursts are clownbursts. Unfortunately I am on my iPhone ath the moment, so I don't have pics of my custom available, but as soon as I get the chance I will post pics. Mine is almost a cinnamon colour. Very deep red and golden yellow. Mistaking all hcsb lps for clownbursts could get a pretty heated reaction from some heritage cherry owners, but I don't mind, my custom is all minea nd no one can have it. Ever.

Strikerfox

Reaction score
Sigh... theres one of these threads not 10 topics down the page.
But i will say i do love them HCS les pauls.

John the Revelator

Reaction score
Here's my Bozo - was thinking about getting a refin, but stayed at shaving the neck and doing a touch up...