Here's a change of pace from Florida Man, here's Québec Man

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Too damn fast..thats hideous RIP to the victims.

six-string

Reaction score
This story is not that surprising if you are familiar with Quebec.

I know an older fellow who lives in a rural area in the Laurentian hills. He has about 10 acres and most of it is heavily wooded. He keeps "rescue dogs" and can have 5-10 dogs on the property at any time. The entire place is fenced and he has NO HUNTING/PAS DES CHASSE signs posted.

Still it is not uncommon for him to lose a dog every so often to hunters driving by in the pickup with the gun out the window (beer between the legs) who shoot at anything they see moving in the bush.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still it is not uncommon for him to lose a dog every so often to hunters driving by in the pickup with the gun out the window (beer between the legs) who shoot at anything they see moving in the bush.

We rarely have that problem down here... Hunters down here frown on shit like that on a grand scale.... Most hunters down here are like conservationists and don't look on dumb shit like that favorably at all... especially shooting across a fence...at anything...

Hunting from a roadway is guaranteed to get you burned and cost you a lot of money....

six-string

Reaction score
We rarely have that problem down here... Hunters down here frown on shit like that on a grand scale.... Most hunters down here are like conservationists and don't look on dumb shit like that favorably at all... especially shooting across a fence...at anything...

Hunting from a roadway is guaranteed to get you burned and cost you a lot of money....
And most responsible hunters and anglers up here are the same. They have a stake in conservation.
But Quebec is a whole different world. It's not just the language.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
And most responsible hunters and anglers up here are the same. They have a stake in conservation.
But Quebec is a whole different world. It's not just the language.
When I was up in Ottowa/Napean for a school, a friend that came up from Toronto to pick me up at the airport told me about Quebec when we stopped on ambassador row on the river. I asked 'What's across over there?' She said, 'They don't like being part of Canada. They don't like the Queen. They don't even like each other over there....' I laughed.... Later at my hotel, I was kicked back flipping channels and hit a channel that showed I guess their gummit reps in session and a couple were throwing chairs/punches and yelling and shit... Yeuh buddy... Throwing down! Wish I had been in the gallery with some beer and popcorn. :laugh2:

Who

Well respected man about town
Reaction score
It’s odd.

On MLP right now there is a thread about spiders. Loads of “kill it with fire” hatred.

There‘s another thread with people driving over people. The general consensus is that we are happy it’s happening.

Then you get a thread (this one) about someone killing the most dangerous non-human animal in North America and we’re all like “awwwww…. poor Bambi.”

Except @WaywerdSon , he knows the score with them things.

WaywerdSon

Reaction score
Right up until you hunt em.... :)
no, they are still stupid, just stupid someplace you aint. It dont take a rocket science to figure out where to be to not get shot at. But they cant figure out how to not get hit by cars, in fact it sometimes appears they do it intentionally

Reactions: Who

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
This is like trashing USA because of some dumbass eating roadkill in West Virginia.

Each region/state/country has its asshats.

Reactions: ehb

RhytmEarl

Reaction score
Best bumper sticker ever I saw out west..."Help Quebec Separate".

It took a second until I did a double take when I finally got it.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bullshit list...

Deer gore folks? When will this happen. Hiking in the woods? Bullshit. Every critter within a mile knows your ass is there... so they're usually not.

When you hear of a deer attacking a human, that damn Buford usually had it coming and there was a huge sack of really stupid shit involved.

Snakes are not that dangerous either unless you get bit. Those bastards generally leave you the hell alone if you leave them alone. Walking in the woods? Make damn racket. Rattlesnakes are not that aggressive unless cornered or threatened. Folks will step on a copperhead and get nailed as they blend in well. A water moccasin is an antisocial bastard though...it WILL come at you at times...

FYI - If a snake is swimming on top of the water, IT AIN"T A DAMN WATER SNAKE... Keep your eye on that bastard.... He can rock your world.

As far as celebrating running over folks, they've probably had enough of criminals having zero consideration for others... The criminals will kill and maim folks just to rob them.... These are not poor little misguided individuals that need love and nurturing as some delusional dipshits jabber... Cowboys will win the fucking Super Bowl this year too....

What would you do if your life was threatened or you saw somebody else's life threatened? Hold up a damn colored card like in soccer?

I'm not saying it is ok. I'm saying those folks hitting the criminals with the nearest weapon (their vehicle) have had enough....

Who

Well respected man about town
Reaction score
Deer don’t attack humans. They kill people by getting in the way of a car or motorcycle.

Deer are idiots who can’t get with the times. They can’t evolve fast enough to deal with illumination-that-isn’t-the-sun and judging closing-speed of things that move very fast.

Crows have it figured out. A crow can be eating roadkill in the middle of the lane….car comes along at 70mph… crow doesn’t even fly. He just saunters over to the white line with time to spare.
802B57CA-E6ED-4B17-B6F8-F008508EF2CE.jpeg

Then they walk back to lunchtime.

If we could crossbreed crow brain-DNA with deer they wouldn’t be so much of a menace.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s odd.

On MLP right now there is a thread about spiders. Loads of “kill it with fire” hatred.

There‘s another thread with people driving over people. The general consensus is that we are happy it’s happening.

Then you get a thread (this one) about someone killing the most dangerous non-human animal in North America and we’re all like “awwwww…. poor Bambi.”

Deer kill 100-200 people every year.
The jackwagons that people are driving over are responsible for thousands.

RhytmEarl

Reaction score
It’s odd.

Check out the big math brain on the author of the article quoted above. I'm thinking they need a little denominator/numerator lesson.

Cougars have killed 27 humans in the past hundred years, which averages out to less than three people per year.

WaywerdSon

Reaction score
Check out the big math brain on the author of the article quoted above. I'm thinking they need a little denominator/numerator lesson.

Cougars have killed 27 humans in the past hundred years, which averages out to less than three people per year.
Whats wrong with that? It actually is less than 3 per year. A lot less. You could add a decimal and make it more refined but still the statement is 100% accurate

• Haha
Reactions: Who

Latest Threads