Hercules Professional 12" Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw vs. Dewalt DWS780

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Did you go to my middle school? We had Mr. Hackett (really) who was missing most of an index finger. When he would point, he used his middle, so always looked like he was flipping us off.

He was not grumpy though. Great guy. I learned quite a bit from him. Probably more than from all my other middle school teachers combined.
Mr Dorn. Cannot recall which digit. We may have had this conversation before ... I recall typing with someone here about a shop teacher with missing digits.

Reactions: Who

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a new 12" Sliding Compound Miter saw.

I saw this comparison and now Harbor Freight has a 20% coupon for any one item. That would put the saw around $280 from $349. The DeWalt is $499. I have had a DeWalt yrs ago and I liked it. The comparison on these saw is so close. I'm really leaning towards the Hercules.

I own the Hercules saw.

Does everything I want it to do.

Bytor1958

Reaction score
View attachment 425464

@Bytor1958, Harbor Freight is tempting me again. I have a deck to build this spring. I have one of their old saws... it will do the job, for such non-precise work. BUT..... it would be nice to have a more precise tool.

Have you stayed happy with yours?
I'm very happy with it. I'm waiting for the weather to break in spring to get started on some more projects.

That's a great price. You better get it NOW!!

Bytor1958

Reaction score
@Who I have had a DeWalt in the past.

IMHO This Hercules beats it. You can't beat the price. DeWalts are $600 and this is $300. It's a no brainier.

HF also has a 1 yr money back if you don't like it guarantee.

DotStudio

Reaction score
@Who I have had a DeWalt in the past.

IMHO This Hercules beats it. You can't beat the price. DeWalts are $600 and this is $300. It's a no brainier.

HF also has a 1 yr money back if you don't like it guarantee.
If I didn't already have a decent Hitachi, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Bytor1958

Reaction score
If I didn't already have a decent Hitachi, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
I feel the quality is better than the DeWalt also. Before I bought the Hercules I went to Home Depot. The DeWalt felt cheap. Not like they use too be. The Hercules feels solid.