Help with Epi pickups..

cowboy

Reaction score
I've got an Epi LP Standard with what I assume are the Alnico Classic™ humbuckers....they are decent but I'm wondering how some of the other Epi pickups match up?....

I also has a JB Epi with the Gibson Burstbuckers and love them....

anyone have any experience the Gibson Classic 57's or Epi ProBucker's? If I decide to change pu's in the Standard, I'd like to keep the price reasonable...

also looking at the new Epi 339's...any input on ProBuckers vs Classic 57's on this guitar.....

suggestions welcome...thanks...later.

cowboy

SJM

Epi Elitist Freak
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Probuckers are much better pups IMO than the Alnico Classics. I think Epi did a great job on them. Unfortunately the only way you can get them is to buy a guitar that is equipped with them already or possibly Ebay. I like 57 Classics but they just cost too much. SD's would be a better choice, say some Pearly Gates maybe! I like Burstbucker 2 and 3's the best of all Gibson's pickups. Just one guys opinion. :hmm:

Reaction score
I don't like the '57s at all. My LP Tribute came with the classic in the neck and classic plus in the bridge. They sound great clean, but (IMO) they don't respond well to anything more than minimal overdrive. They lack testicular fortitude.

Latest Threads