Help with a Greco Please

HCRoadie

Reaction score
First of all, thanks to y'all for the edification on these Japanese gems. I have learned a lot. Like, there are a bunch of anomalies with these guitars. I have been looking at this one on the Reverb, Seller says it is an early '90's but doesn't know if it is Japanese of Korean made. Outside of the pictures, no other info. What other insight can be given on this one? Also, is the price fair? Thanks in advance Greco

wulfman

Let the good times roll....
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It is an early 1990s made by Tokai. You see the fret edge binding? Decent price on an axe like that.
ifjdnfas0ztkqjrc9us3.jpg

HCRoadie

Reaction score
Awesome! Thank you for the added info. Just to clarify, are you saying that the neck binding with nibs is a sign of a Tokai product?

HCRoadie

Reaction score
I have seen a few other examples of this model/era Greco with bolts/screws attaching the neck in the pick up cavity. Is reasonable for me to ask the seller to take a look and photo?

therealfrogman

A fool and his money....
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have bought from this seller before. I like that guitar.....

wulfman

Let the good times roll....
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The fret-edge binding was something that Tokai did on the Greco customs. They also kept doing it on their own customs into the 1990s.
You can certainly ask the seller, but there is no bolt in that guitar's neck. You can see from the back.

f51u4huvcyscfxoijycl.jpg

HCRoadie

Reaction score
The fret-edge binding was something that Tokai did on the Greco customs. They also kept doing it on their own customs into the 1990s.
You can certainly ask the seller, but there is no bolt in that guitar's neck. You can see from the back.
Thanks for the further detail. After doing some more research, the ones I saw with the bolts/screws inside the pickup cavity also had a single bolt/screw at the heel. For some reason I thought that some ONLY had the hidden bolts/screws.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Out of curiosity what are the ones that have that bolt on the back through the tenon?

Latest Threads