HELP real PAF-PAT? THX

slashrix

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i bought a Pat no Pickup and i think that its a real one. But i found a little bit cream paint in the black square hole und no solder on the wire.

So what do you think, is it a real Pat no Pickup?

What do you think is a good price?

Thank You

Pics :

PAF ident pictures by vertride - Photobucket

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
Wow that is the first time I have seen a Pat No with a cream bobbin.

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
It is worth investigating. It is either something very rare, a good fake or someone repaired a Pat No by using an older bobbin.

jamman

Reaction score
What color is the coil wire ? it's difficult to tell from the pictures. A few other things leave me with questions . But I'm no expert . If Rod hasn't seen something , that says a lot right there .

The proof is in how she sounds ... value is completely subjective . If your happy with the price you paid in return for what you got , it's good .

slashrix

Reaction score
It sounds and looks and feels the same like 3 other pat no i got... same wire color, same feel, same sound... and 7,94kohm

It don't looks like a rewind or the tapes are made new... under backlight it looks the same like my other pats

The seller told me that TW saw that PU on a vintage show in Germany, but that can be a story...

slashrix

Reaction score
Why do you think that?

I looked inside and ist Looks like a normal pat.

If that is a clone it is a Perfect One and why should anyone put a Pat and Not a paf decal on the baseplate?

But first i have to check the Full authenticity.

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
Well to have a zebra PAT NO is pretty awesome! In fact I would think that for that reason alone people will suspect it. But I am not about to dismiss it. Stranger things have happened in the world of Gibson.

slashrix

Reaction score
I bought it from a big collector with knowledge, so i trusted him.

So how can i be sure what it is? Is there any possibility to check it for 100%?

Latest Threads