HELP: PICKUP WIRING GURUS - Need to install a piezo bridge with a toggle switch

czerpa

Reaction score
Hi. I have a Gibson Les Paul with the standard wiring configuration as found here (first pic):

LES PAUL WIRING

I have a Power Bridge (TuneOMatic) (basically a "piezo" pickup to get Acoustic tones). The installation sheet/diagram is here:

POWERBRIDGE

What I NEED is just to be able to install one 2-way toggle switch (on/off) so that the Piezo pickup signal blends with the the magnetic pickup signal (magnetic > piezo > output jack) when "ON". Then, when in the "OFF" position, the signal routing is AS USUAL (i.e. no piezo whatsoever, just magnetic pickup action).

I need a recommended WIRING scheme/diagram. Thanks for your help!!!

C

hellraiser_666

Reaction score
okay, try this
Wiring Diagram

wire the piezo into the middle left lug, and then the wire the bottom left lug to the middle position of the selector switch. then connect the selector switch as normal

czerpa

Reaction score
okay, try this
Wiring Diagram

wire the piezo into the middle left lug, and then the wire the bottom left lug to the middle position of the selector switch. then connect the selector switch as normal

Thank you! And should I expect to have volume level issues as the piezo kicks in? (too loud/too soft?)

Lyle Caldwell

Reaction score
Depends on the piezo. If it's too loud you could easily put a trimpot inside the control cavity. Too soft, well, that's trickier.

hellraiser_666

Reaction score
well the way i suggested, the piezo is in parallal with the magnetic pickups, so if the piezo is too soft, it should (not 100% sure) drag the entire output down, so you shouldnt have uneven volume problem. Im not absolutly sure about it, but hopefully it works out

Latest Threads