Help me with a shopping list! Project Tele Deluxe

musicmand

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm thinking of buying a body and neck from a guy on Facebook. It's all beater stuff, probably Squier or worse in a former life, but I figure it would make a great project for me. The neck is a standard Tele-type neck, standard Mexi-style nut, happily equipped with Sperzel locking tuners. The body is a 72 Deluxe body style, but he wanted to convert it back to single coils while retaining the LP style controls, so he has a custom pickguard on there. I do have a set of MIM Tele pickups in my drawers, but I've already got a relatively traditional (albeit voiced rather nasty) Tele, so I don't think I'll go that route.

Instead, I thought I might pick up some P-90's and install those. I'm just trying to figure out what I'd need for this build, so I can order it all at the same time and not have to wait for something I've forgotten.

So I'm thinking the easy way... Buy a pre-wired 72 Deluxe P-Rail pickguard from 920D. It includes knobs, switch tip, and output jack. Then I only need to buy a bridge, an output jack cup, and the bolts and plate for the neck. I'd get a heck of a versatile guitar, but I don't know that I'd really be getting the traditional P-90 tone. I would ABSOLUTELY be getting a unique sounding guitar, though, so maybe that's the important thing.
-Body/neck: $125.
-920D Pickguard/pickups/knobs/wiring: $230.
-Output jack cup: $8.
-Neck bolts/plate: $9.
-String ferrules: $7.
-Bridge: $11.

All in for $390. What do you think? Did I forget anything?

Latest Threads