Help me pick a wiring harness

blackie2

Reaction score

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
All above mentioned vendors would be fine choices.

For your traditional, your going to need long shaft pots.

chriseskew24

Reaction score
I have had great success with Martin Six String and Tundra Tone. RS and Jonesy I have not had the pleasure of doing business with yet.

I do know that Jonesy gets rave reviews as well. So it is really just your preference at this point!

GitFiddle

Reaction score
I have an ExNihilo that came with an RS Harness in it. Added two Sheptone P90s in it and it sounds great.

Just finished installing my 3rd Jonesy 50s harness on my 3rd LP and they all work and sound like new guitars. Quality gear. :thumb:

JCarno

Reaction score
Martin Six String!!! Bought a harness from Matt and it arrived in about a week.
Excellent quality and fast service. :cheers:

Reaction score
Martin Six String... I should be receiving my Strat harness next week. I'm speaking about customer service. Matt tolerated my numerous e-mails and questions and was always helpful. I know the harness itself will be top notch and be miles above stock Fender wiring.

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Martin Six String... I should be receiving my Strat harness next week. I'm speaking about customer service. Matt tolerated my numerous e-mails and questions and was always helpful. I know the harness itself will be top notch and be miles above stock Fender wiring.

Thanks! I tolerated nothing. All questions are valid and that's my job to answer any and all questions to provide the best possible service :)

Enjoy the strat harness. You should have it any day now :)

Indyclone

Reaction score
I've not gotten pre-wired harness from him... but I've gotten a bunch of parts and two hand wired pedals.

Jonesy does top notch work, has a great work ethic, provides great communication and overall excellent service.

But I haven't had any experience with anyone else mentioned...and I don't doubt that they're everything their satisfied customers claim them to be.

Phildog

Reaction score
I have, and will continue to go with Jonesy. He's terrific at what he does and his knowledge is nothing short of brilliant. It makes it that much easier that he's a great and helpful guy to deal with. And he's available when you need him.

By no means, do I mean, or imply, that the others mentioned above are inferior to Jonesy. It's just that customer service is the deal-breaker to me. And Jonesy meets and exceeds ALL of my expectations.

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Agree they are all very good to deal.

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Feel free to ask any question at any time bro. I extend that to everyone. We pride ourselves on serving our customers and potential customers in a prompt manner. It was our pleasure to serve you.

jonesy

GLOBAL WIRING GURU
Reaction score
To the OP: Depending on how good you are with a soldering iron another option would be to by the Long shaft CTS pots and some good caps and then assemble your own harness. A 50's LP wiring harness is actually a good one for a beginner to start out on.

Latest Threads