Help me pic an R9-

Thomas/Sweden

Reaction score
The one with the most fappable neck! As much as I like Melons, that Washed Cherry looks great! ; )

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Which one sounds better? That's the #1 factor for me with any guitar. Beauty fades quickly if the guitar doesn't have the mojo when I play it.
Just like a bride!
Beauty will fade but her voice and the tendency to run her mouth
will get to you eventually!
Choose wisely!

:fingersx:

Jabberwocky

Reaction score
Washed Cherry: weight, dark rosewood board, special figure of the top. Keep it long enough and it will eventually fade to dirty lemon anyway.

fretboarder

Reaction score
Lemon is my fav colour but those kinda flames are a dime a dozen, the cherry has a nicer looking top IMO. plus its quite a bit lighter..

Flogger59

Reaction score
Washed cherry, which means you'll have the filthy lemon one day.

the_lawyer

Reaction score
The lemon looks a bit like a - really superb- LP Standard, while the washed cherry screams R9

BluesBreaker78

Reaction score
If you still can't decide, run the neck stiffness test and one will be better than the other.

Pluck the low E open, then quickly bend the G string up a step and a half at the ninth fret without plucking it, the guitar where the low E changes pitch the least is your winner.
Both look great, not really a fan of super flamey tops but these are really nice. Whichever you pick you can't lose.

Btw, just tried that trick (above) on my R8 and don't hear any audible change in pitch. I guess I must have a pretty stiff neck :)

Latest Threads