Help me find replacement parts for my Tokai

karpouzac

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've just registered to ask your help with this, I hope this is the right place to ask my question.

I have a Japanese Tokai LS90Q from 2006, and I'm thinking of installing a les trem on it. And since I'm adding that tremolo, I guess it would be nice to get a roller dridge too. It is very important for me to avoid any drilling or retrofitting, I need to be able to switch back to my original bridge and tailpiece. Ideally I'd prefer not to have to replace the studs.

I've done my googling, and my understanding is that all MIJ tokais are using metric spec components, however I couldn't find the specs for my model, and I would appreciate if someone could confim this. My measurments are:
- Bridge stud spacing 73.5 mm
- Bridge string spacing (E to e) ~51.5 mm
- Tailpiece stud spacing 81.5 mm

I was thinking of buying these two components:

1) https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Goeldo-Tunamatic-Roller-Bridge-Chrome/art-GIT0001122-022
2) https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Goeldo-Duesenberg-SC-Trem-II-Tremolo-chrom/art-GIT0025177-000

I am also not sure about the brigde radius. I believe most MIJ LPs have a 12inch/300R radius, but this bridge is for 14. Would this be a problem ? Should I go for a 12 inch one?

Any ideas on whether or not these components would fit with my existing studs?
Any suggestions for components that you've tried and worked with no trouble, are very welcome.

Thank you all

Roxy13

Reaction score
I would try to find one with a 12" radius and you want one that works with 4mm bridge posts.

karpouzac

Reaction score
This one should work:

I am very confused... if this is suppsoed to work with USA Gibsons, and USA Gibsons use imperial spacing, how is this supposed to match my metric ones?
However, the 4mm stud size and 73.5mm post spacing seems be just right.

What am I missing here?

Roxy13

Reaction score
I am very confused... if this is suppsoed to work with USA Gibsons, and USA Gibsons use imperial spacing, how is this supposed to match my metric ones?
However, the 4mm stud size and 73.5mm post spacing seems be just right.

What am I missing here?

Some Gibsons also use 4mm posts and even 5mm posts.

karpouzac

Reaction score
Check out Deusenberg, they make a Trem for Les Paul’s
Yes that's the one I was looking for, see my second link. Or is it a clone from Goldo? I though it was the same thing!

By the way, any chance you've tried one les trem2 on a Tokai?

luis

Reaction score
Goldo is a reseller and sells several other hardware brands like Gotoh, for example. They had quality parts, in fact their kluson 33 turners are over Kluson brand ones in quality as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:

karpouzac

Reaction score
For the record, I got the Deusenberg Les Trem 2, and it was very easy to install. I just had to switch the tailpiece studs, and use both washers. Spent most of my time trying to lock the trem arm till I figured that they gave me the wrong hex key :D
Sounds good too, highly recommended

Latest Threads