Help me choose a pedalboard!!

Kevinclap

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm just finishing my pedalboard plan. I still have pedals to buy but this will be it:
-korg pitchblack-mxr dyna comp-OCD-Green Rhino-Ep booster-Micro POG-Carbon Copy-Flashback X4-Strymon Blue Sky

I'm thinking of buying a pedaltrain but I don't know which model is the right size for my setup. If you have experience with pedaltrain please help me. And If someone knows about another good pedalboard in the same price range (100-150), I'm open to suggestions.

And finally, in the power supply department, is Voodoo Lab the only real good option or are there other ones better considering my pedal needs?
Than you all in advance.

Edit:
In the future I might add a True Bypass Looper or/and a Buffer If I run into a tone degradation issue. Hopefully I won't. But I have to keep that in mind with the size of the pedalboard.

Kalz

Reaction score
a PT-2 will fit the bill. Just replace the different pedals with it's respected counterparts

Gyazo - 225faf91ee3c2e3315e000fc495c3a6a.png

the Voodoo Labs PP2+ should fit your needs especially if you are gonna add more or upgrade. You'll need to get a doubler for one of your pedals since you have 3 pedals that consume a lot of mA. Micro POG, Bluesky and Flashback x4.

If you want other supplies get out the Cioks Ciokolate and the T-Rex Goliath

A Cheap board to also consider:

Trailer Trash Pedalboards

Brocko

Reaction score
Have you seen the joyo power strip (version 2)?

Kevinclap

Reaction score
a PT-2 will fit the bill. Just replace the different pedals with it's respected counterparts

Gyazo - 225faf91ee3c2e3315e000fc495c3a6a.png

the Voodoo Labs PP2+ should fit your needs especially if you are gonna add more or upgrade. You'll need to get a doubler for one of your pedals since you have 3 pedals that consume a lot of mA. Micro POG, Bluesky and Flashback x4.

If you want other supplies get out the Cioks Ciokolate and the T-Rex Goliath

A Cheap board to also consider:

Trailer Trash Pedalboards
The PT2 and Voodo Labs seems like a good idea. What does a doubler does exactly?
I would probably stick with Pedaltrain. Trailer Trash is too cheap for my taste. :)

Kalz

Reaction score
The PT2 and Voodo Labs seems like a good idea. What does a doubler does exactly?
I would probably stick with Pedaltrain. Trailer Trash is too cheap for my taste. :)

It takes two ports and combines it into one. So two 100mA ports going to a single pedal.

Try this for Pedaltrain sizing: PedalboardPlanner.com - Plan your Perfect Guitar Pedal Board!. Make sure to leave extra room for cabling.

For power, I think that the 4x4 is worth a look. The PP2+ has capacity issues when considering digital pedals and the high-current outputs are noisy.

I actually havent had any noise issues with my high voltage outputs. No noise on daisy chaining my drives either :thumb:

Kevinclap

Reaction score

Kevinclap

Reaction score
It takes two ports and combines it into one. So two 100mA ports going to a single pedal.

I actually havent had any noise issues with my high voltage outputs. No noise on daisy chaining my drives either :thumb:

I will keep that in mind for sure in the future. Thanks for the info.

StandingWave

Reaction score
I have had noise issues with the high-current taps at 12V. And I've discussed it with VL at great length. And VL replaced one of my PP2+s with one that behaves exactly the same, so I have experience with three different copies and vintages -- all the same. Analog Mike himself has posted about the noise on TGP. It doesn't guarantee that anyone else necessarily will have issues, but it's a known fact, one that VL talks around.

I've had dirt pedals hum on taps 5 or 6 at 12V. I've had two 12V delays that would not work well on a PP2+ due to noise, and actually had to substitute a wall-wart for one. In addition, the max current is too low or marginal for many newer pedals, along with some older ones.

The PP2+ is a very good supply if one doesn't aggravate its shortcomings. I've seen plenty used for ~$100, and that's how I got my last one (I presently have two). For a new unit, I haven't found a reason not to spend the extra $20 (list) for a 4x4. Think ahead on power needs.

Yes, daisy-chaining is pretty safe with dirt pedals, I do it myself due to lack of taps. I've even daisy-chained modulation pedals, analog and digital, off the PP2+. This can take some trial and error as some combos work and some don't.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
+1 on the PT-2. I bought the PT-1 and had to buy one of those expansion panels so that my whammy pedal would fit. Even if you don't use up all the space now, you will eventually. Buy big now and you probably won't be victim of the "shoulda bought a bigger board" crowd.

GERRYGTR62

Reaction score
Check out Furman, it has a power supply strip plus power conditioner to keep things static-free

Latest Threads