HELP! LP Custom - BB or Aged White?

eddyrox

Reaction score
About to throw down serious $$$ for a LP Custom '57 VOS.
I can also go the custom shop route, but it'll be 4-6 mos I am told:rolleyes:
The available one here in Hollywood is white. I'd go BB if I went custom. (and when I say custom = 1 piece solid mahog body NO separate top and back, grovers not klusons).

What's the opinion of the membership here - BB are pretty traditional - and I'm a traditional kinda guy:naughty: I love the legacy - Sykes, Keef, Clapton, Fogerty, Frampton, Mick Jones, Izzy Stradlin, etc.

However, aged white is also pretty stunning - Steve Jones, Randy Rhoads, Mick Taylor, etc.

WHITE or Black Beauty? and Why?

loucamaro91

Reaction score
Hmm..
That's tough.
I own both... I am torn, but in all honestly. Black beauty is my choice.
I'm really gasing for a 3 humbucker 57' reissue.

eddyrox

Reaction score
Hmm..
That's tough.
I own both... I am torn, but in all honestly. Black beauty is my choice.
I'm really gasing for a 3 humbucker 57' reissue.

:applause: yup, me too. BTW, awesome avatar...I keep trying to move the arrows for a better view...:naughty:

BSeneca

Reaction score
Black Beauty all the way. White is cool but if its not custom shop historic and you have the cash to do it, I think you will be sorry you passed it up. I owned a 3-pup 57 reissue and it was awesome! Thick, mean, aggresive tone. You will not be sorry. The only reason I let it go was to get a R6 for a different tone (I had 3 historics all with humbuckers).

eddyrox

Reaction score
White is cool but if its not custom shop historic and you have the cash to do it, I think you will be sorry you passed it up.

Hi, is "aged" white NOT the desired color or is "artic" white more desirable?:cool::)
thanks,
mike.

rideski

Reaction score
I have to say '57 BB is my vote! I just got one two weeks ago after years of dreaming and searching. She's a heavy muther but she sounds great!
DSC03055.jpg

eddyrox

Reaction score
what's the deal with the YELLOW headstock inlays and the binding? The JPP Custom and the 50th Anniversary Custom's are "piss" yellow...not sure I'm liking that. I realize that MoP and Abalone "age" differently...but, am I the only one that is NOT a fan?

eddyrox

Reaction score
I have to say '57 BB is my vote! I just got one two weeks ago after years of dreaming and searching. She's a heavy muther but she sounds great!
DSC03055.jpg

SWEET! What I like most about the latter RI's is that they don't have the klusons, and include the grovers. IMHO, the Klusons just don't tune as accurately. NICE score. Hope to be joining you soon.:fingersx::thumb:

marantz1300

Reaction score
The B7 has had a few small mods.The (ex) white is not a Historic, but looks very cool.
100_2110.jpg

100_1196.jpg

floyd84

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've been GASing for a Black Beauty for a while too, but the white ages so nicely. Here's some picsof a 74, I played at a local shop. Two things kept me from buying it, The price :wow: and the serial number had been gouged out :hmm: Currently, the only Custom I have is a three pickup Tobacco burst
P1050504.jpg

IMG-20110316-00177.jpg

richie6

Reaction score
I LIKE BLACK BEAUTIES ALOT ESPECIALLY THE RECENTLY RELEASED
55 HOT MODS.
BUT I LIKE THE WHITE 68 CUSTOMS TOO AND THE WAY THEY AGE
AND TURN YELLOW.SO AWESOME.
MY VOTE IS GET THEM BOTH AND THE SUNBURST ONE TOO
HA HA:dude:

journeyman73

Reaction score
for me, would get a 3p'up BB or a 2 p'up aged white...those are the 'classic' configurations of each color for me

eddyrox

Reaction score
I've been GASing for a Black Beauty for a while too, but the white ages so nicely. Here's some picsof a 74, I played at a local shop. Two things kept me from buying it, The price :wow: and the serial number had been gouged out :hmm: Currently, the only Custom I have is a three pickup Tobacco burst
P1050504.jpg

IMG-20110316-00177.jpg
gawd, I LOVE this - very nice!!:thumb:

Latest Threads