help in identifying R9 Les paul Top.

Killermano

Reaction score
Hello, I need your help to identify the color of the top of this Les Paul ...
I've already sent emails to Gibson and so far nothing ...
I would like to know with someone here from the forum who has more experience, if they can name the top color of this Les Paul R9 ...
Thank's.

Attachments

Guitpicky

Reaction score
No help but I see the dilemma. None of the typical R9 color names would seem to apply here.

Tequila Sunrise if I had to make something up :)

Thrill

Reaction score
I dunno what color that is, but thats a really unique top. Very cool looking.

Kind of looks like someones skin if they fell asleep on a pile of crumpled up tee shirts lmao. But in a good way. Very nice

Maestro Fuzz

Reaction score
Never seen it before but it might be some kind of a special run. You could go over to the Historics department of this forum, some members over there are very knowledgeable

Killermano

Reaction score
No help but I see the dilemma. None of the typical R9 color names would seem to apply here.

Tequila Sunrise if I had to make something up :)
And Gibson does not answer the email ... The other times I asked something was very fast response ...

Killermano

Reaction score
I dunno what color that is, but thats a really unique top. Very cool looking.

Kind of looks like someones skin if they fell asleep on a pile of crumpled up tee shirts lmao. But in a good way. Very nice
Thank you, it really is very beautiful this top, the photos do not live up to what you really see live.

Killermano

Reaction score
The colours over the last few years are usually named after manly things like liquor or things from the desert to make us feel all butch, then random words like "fade" tacked on the end. I'll go with "Dirty Moonshine Tumbleweed Fade"
Hahaha, this is true.

Killermano

Reaction score
Never seen it before but it might be some kind of a special run. You could go over to the Historics department of this forum, some members over there are very knowledgeable
For this I would have to do a new post there? Would not it be possible to migrate from here to there?

Macronaut

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, I need your help to identify the color of the top of this Les Paul ...
I've already sent emails to Gibson and so far nothing ...
I would like to know with someone here from the forum who has more experience, if they can name the top color of this Les Paul R9 ...
Thank's.
I don't know what is except that it's a really nice and unique. That's quite a top!

I agree that the guys in the Historic/reissue section may be of more help.

Macronaut

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
For this I would have to do a new post there? Would not it be possible to migrate from here to there?
Not that hard. I can't type so, I would simply cut and paste the type, then reload the pix.

However, you may want the see if that violates any rules about cross posting.

You could contact a mod to see about having your thread moved.

Killermano

Reaction score
Not that hard. I can't type so, I would simply cut and paste the type, then reload the pix.

However, you may want the see if that violates any rules about cross posting.

You could contact a mod to see about having your thread moved.

Well, I'll wait to see if a moderator reads my post here ... I'm still learning to interact here, I should have created the topic right in the section, but I did not care about it, I thought that where it is it would be viewed by everyone.

Killermano

Reaction score
Thank you all for now ...

And if a Gibson does not respond to me, I go "BOURBON FLAMES BURST" and I'm going to take a dose of Jack to celebrate.

:cheers:

Duane_the_tub

Reaction score
Root Beer Burst sometimes fades to more of a reddish color like that.

Root Beer.jpg

Otherwise, one of the big online retailers - either Sweetwater or Musician's Friend - had a custom Burst color in 2014 that started with a Q. I want to say Quorum Burst, or something like that. Very similar to what you posted.