Help identify this lp model

30secs

Reaction score
Hey guys,I got this Les Paul but I'm not sure which signature it is. Can anyone help?? Thanks!!

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
Looks like Joe Bonamassa signature to me...

Here's one I got in person.

DSC06427.JPG

30secs

Reaction score
You guys are awesome!

Its a 2012 has emgs.. inside looks crazy!

30secs

Reaction score
any idea what the stock pickups are or should be? Can't imagine it's the emgs? Also the circuit looks crazy is that after market?

the two golds.

truckermde

Reaction score
EMGs require their own pots, which aren't compatible with any passive p'ups that LPs usually have...

truckermde

Reaction score
As far what was original, I have no idea.

Someone here will though...

30secs

Reaction score
Question is.. is it better to replace the emgs and wiring with Gibson or keep it as is is. For value that is

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
That is a 2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Signature Les Paul Studio Gold Top. It should have Seymour Duncan Joe Bonamassa SH17n & SH17b pickups in it and those EMG's will lower the value.

The signature on the back of the headstock must have been obtained after the sale because it didn't come that way from the factory. I think the case signature is also after the sale. Maybe the original owner took it to a show and had it signed?

Prices for these are all over the place on Reverb. I see them from $1599 to $5000. The higher priced ones are coming from outside the USA.

30secs

Reaction score
Sp8ctre you rock.

I guess I'll need to get JBs pups to restore it too original spec. ... After I try out the emgs for a while :)

The personal signatures are very nice. A fan will truly appreciate this baby.

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
Sp8ctre you rock.

I guess I'll need to get JBs pups to restore it too original spec. ... After I try out the emgs for a while :)

Thanks! If it were mine I'd want the JB pups in it. I'm not a fan of EMG's though. Very nice guitar and the signatures make it all that much more cool IMO...

Hogie34

Reaction score
Sp8ctre you rock.

that’s too bad about the pickups. Whoever owned it before , realized they could get a nice bit of pocket change for them. Keep watching reverb. They don’t come up for sale very often but when they do, they fetch between $300-$500. You might be able to get Seymour Duncan to make you a custom shop set. They were a limited OEM pickup with an assigned SH# (Sh17n/b) by SD. Good luck and beautiful guitar!

Last edited:

30secs

Reaction score
Yeah send to be pretty rare. I think they only made 600 of these guitars.

Anyway.. tried the emg clean tone and immediately started the disposal process. Have a pair of burstbucker pros so put them on for now. Already starting to look better.

I have a set of push pull pots but I think I'll order regulars keep it trad.

that’s too bad about the pickups. Whoever owned it before , realized they could a nice bit of pocket change for them. Keep watching reverb. They don’t come up for sale very often but when they do, they fetch between $300-$500. You might be able to get Seymour Duncan to make you a custom shop set. They were a limited OEM pickup with an assigned SH# (Sh17n/b) by SD. Good luck and beautiful guitar!

Latest Threads