Help ID this BC Rich Bich

Thrill

Reaction score
My boss brought this guitar to me to see if I can do anything to fix it up, with how he described it I thought it just needed a good set up, but it badly needs a new nut, and I just dont have the tools to do it. He said his mom bought it years ago for his dad at a pawn shop and they know nothing about it.

I tried to ID it searching around google, but cant come up with exactly what model it is. With the serial number, Im guessing its a 95 USA model, but its got the serial number stamped into the fretboard, and its got the "R" headstock logo, and I cant find one from around that time that matches this one.

Its got a neck through body construction, trans green finish, maple fretboard, wraparound type bridge, no stamps or marks on the back of headstock or anywhere other than the headstock logo and the serial stamp. I wasnt able to open it up to read the pot codes or anything. No idea what kind of pickups are in it. They have screw pole pieces, so at the very least they arent super cheap chinese bullshit.

The frets are pretty flat, and pretty low, so might have had a fret dress at somepoint, and someone (someone VERY unskilled) put a new bone nut on. Its the worst cut nut Ive ever seen. Its so low the strings are damn near sitting on the first fret., and almost all the open notes are dead. Once you get past the first fret though, the thing plays great.

Any info anyone can come up with would be appreciated. Really wanna be able to tell this guy what he has and what its worth.

Click for bigger pics.

Dark Horse

Reaction score
These links might help;

You could also just go straight to the source and ask https://bcrich.com/

The_Nuge

Reaction score
It's a US-Model B.C. Rich Bich, all maple by the looks of it.
It's "only" got simple controls, instead of pre-amps and coil-splits etc., and is not exotic wood, so I'd say it's worth 1500-2000$.
Pickups are probably DiMarzio or Seymour Duncan.

Es

Latest Threads