Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Iced Tea

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Trans Black

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters

rem22

Reaction score
I would not buy a color available on higher end models like thé Tribune Plus for example. So you have an excuse to buy a Tribute plus later ;)

Pflug

Reaction score
I couldn't decide on a color either....

054_zpseyhs0ovp.jpg

048_zpsxusdwvk7.jpg

058_zpsgfcr6cbf.jpg

062_zpsm4phplsf.jpg

HotDan!

Reaction score
They won't give you a Goldtop, a Bourbon Burst or any of the fadeds and I'm a bit iffy on the traditional bursts on the SPTP as the color transition just seems a bit sharp edged on most of them. Although I've seen a few decent ones, I wouldn't trust to getting a good one unless you get to hand pick it.

Having said that, I've been vacillating between Trans Black and Wine Red finally giving the nod to Wine Red. Regardless of color, you'll be getting a wonderful piece that you will thoroughly enjoy...:cheers:

HotDan!

Reaction score
I didn't realize that the Bourbon Burst is, indeed, available. In limited numbers along with a couple of others, I'd have to have it in Bourbon Burst since this is one that would be seldom seen...Not to mention it's absolute, undeniable awesomeness...

AmpedUp

Reaction score
Kind of liking the "no burst" versions myself. This Antique Natural Plus Top Pro is deep looking.
2r5x11f.jpg

1allspub

Reaction score
I really had a heckuva time choosing which to vote for. If this was in the Gibson forum I may well have chosen differently as the nitro finish has a diffident affect on the guitar visually for me (not necessarily better, just different, i.e., I tend to really like Honey Burst & Cherry Sunburst in nitro, but not as much in poly, though those 2 would still be in my top 3 here).

Anyway, as my #1 I chose Iced Tea because I saw a recently saw a 2009 1959 Trib Epi LP with that finish and I though it was the coolest Epi color yet!! Tough to find though. ;)

MusicLaw

Reaction score
The Limited Edition Bourbon Burst looks really nice in most of the photos I've seen. Never seen one hands on.
The Heritage Cherry Sunburst is really nice!
The Wine Red PlusTop Pros I've seen lacked a distinct flame maple grain pattern. However the Wine Red Florentine Pro is spectacular with an outstanding flame maple grain pattern!
The Desert Burst was also far more impressive hands on than what most pictures capture. Both the flame maple grain pattern and the Honey like Maple Syrup colors are teriffic.
Although not Bursts, the Epi LP Custom Pros in Ebony and Alpine White, each with Gold hardware are also very nice.

Latest Threads