Help!!! 2007 Yamano R9 or 2001 R8

DEMENTED

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I like the R8 myself. The Yamano may end up being worth more if you decide to flip in the future. Your call.

Es Paul

Reaction score
The yamano...that is a great looking top!

Architect

Reaction score
we are looking at around 3400 for the yamano....3k for the R8

RCCola

Reaction score
Yamano just because you said you have doubts on how much you like lemondrop. If you don't like how your guitar looks, it can be distracting and less attractive to for picking up.

Personally, I think that R8 is smoking. You could always get a refin :) I see streaks - is that not an Eastern top also? Either way Eastern is not necessarily better than Western. Different tone.

Tim Plains

Reaction score
The Yamano was handpicked
Enough said...and if you ever need to get rid of it, the Yamano will probably be an easier sell.

Personally speaking...I'm sure those guitars aren't cheap and I'd be hesitant to drop a ton of cash on a guitar unseen & unplayed. I did it once when I bought my R8 and I'll never do it again. The only reason I did was because I got a great deal from GC. Yes, sorry guys...GC.

Last

The Cleaner
Reaction score
Personally speaking...I'm sure those guitars aren't cheap and I'd be hesitant to drop a ton of cash on a guitar unseen & unplayed. I did it once when I bought my R8 and I'll never do it again. The only reason I did was because I got a great deal from GC. Yes, sorry guys...GC.

Hey!

Were you one of the lucky few that got in on that R8 deal over the summer from M123 & MF's with the $1,349.00 R8 Sunrise Tea being discountinued?

So you price matched to GC & got her that way?

That was a great deal & an unbelievable that you got GC to match. I know someone out there did this very thing. Was it you?

If so I want to open up a business with you. :cool:

Tim Plains

Reaction score
I wish!
$1,349? F*ck, I'da bought three at that price! :laugh2:
I got my order in on a Sunrise Teaburst through GC for $1,999, but they ran out of stock. They gave me a choice in another colour R8 for $2,500. I tried getting it for $2,000 (trust me, I tried...) but no dice.

Our dollar was slightly higher than the American dollar when I got it; so, it worked out well. Had it shipped to GC in Buffalo, NY, drove to the Buffalo Airport, flew to NYC for a week, flew back, grabbed the guitar and drove back across the border. When all was said and done, it cost me around $2,900 Canadian.

(What do you think fellow Canucks, good deal?)

ledfree

Reaction score
I've been lusting after a Yamano myself.

This one in fact...

It as been up for sale on ebay for a while and I've shown it in a couple other treads. But, like a lot of people at the moment I can't even think about buying it.:(

So naturally I would go for ...

I don't know, they are both look good.

Damn this fence is uncomfortable.:laugh2:

ag997s

Reaction score
I've been lusting after a Yamano myself.

This one in fact...

It as been up for sale on ebay for a while and I've shown it in a couple other treads. But, like a lot of people at the moment I can't even think about buying it.:(

So naturally I would go for ...

I don't know, they are both look good.

Damn this fence is uncomfortable.:laugh2:

wow!! you are lucky that is not on US ebay...it would be mine!

pinefd

V.I.P. Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
wow!! you are lucky that is not on US ebay...it would be mine!

I've been checking out that guitar for some time. But that big gouge in the wood (the big white mark to the lower left of the bridge pickup ring in that pic) is a big turnoff, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure even a refin job will be able to totally fix that, from the looks of it.

ag997s

Reaction score
I've been checking out that guitar for some time. But that big gouge in the wood (the big white mark to the lower left of the bridge pickup ring in that pic) is a big turnoff, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure even a refin job will be able to totally fix that, from the looks of it.

crap! i thought that was a reflection. guess i will have to wait for you to tire of your R0 yamano huh?

ledfree

Reaction score

When I first saw it I wondered if was abused or had been reliced. So I started a thread asking that question. Anyway the general concensus was it had been reliced.

Personaly I think it as that certain something. Guess you would call it "x factor".

axeman3d

Reaction score
Hi Guys i am new around here and to Gibsons in general, what is a yammano?

cheers and sorry for the dumb question.

ledfree

Reaction score
Hi Guys i am new around here and to Gibsons in general, what is a yammano?

cheers and sorry for the dumb question.

It's not a dumb question at all.

In a nut shell. Yamano(s) are a music store company in Japan, a large one I am led to believe. With outlets all over Japan. As such they seem to have a pick of the bunch and not just with Gibsons.

axeman3d

Reaction score
hi thanks for that so are these like special delar builds that guitar centre guitars?

cheers

Latest Threads