Hello, I need an amp for playing Blues with LP...

FhinRussen

Reaction score
Hello,

I have other question about the Les Paul, today I have one Gibson LP Standard 60's and in few weeks I would bought a Gibson LP Standard 50's.
By the past I had a Marshall DSL 40 but I sold it..

With my LP I play only Blues music and I need your assistance because I want buy one amp for my LP 50's but just for playing the Blues, also I only play in my home (not concert), maybe the 40 watts was too much louder.
Please do you have a name as amp ?

PS:
Once again I'm very sorry for my poor Englsh...

In advance a great great thanks for all, Fhin.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Just get a Fender Blues Jr. a great amp with some nice clean and adding just that little bit of gain for a Bluesy Crunch is what is does best. I don't like the gain more than that though on the Blues Jr., you really need a pedal to get more from it . I actually really like the Orange Rocker 15 as a great choice, a fantastic sounding amp for Blues and Classic Rock. If you don't mind paying the little bit extra, the Orange Rocker 15 is a better overall sounding amp than the Fender Blues Jr and will also get you into some sweet Classic Rock tones that are out of this world. The Blues Jr. can't get you a really sweet Classic Rock tone without some help from pedals.

Last edited:

InTheEvening

Reaction score
If you’re not set on a tube amplifier, for bedroom and home playing a good modeling or solid state amp may also suit your needs. Something like a Boss Katana, or Yamaha THR.

syco

Reaction score
I would recommend the GT or GTX Mustang series by Fender if you are not dead set on a tube amp . Lots of different tones to play with , by no means the same as a tube amp and pedals , but close enough for home / bedroom use . Good luck in your endeavor and keep us posted as to what you wind up with .

Gibsonrocknroll

Reaction score
I have a Yamaha THR30II. It has lots of different settings. It has clean, crunch, blues, rock, and metal. It also has a lot of effects.
445C8B11-1E66-4967-85C6-A78EECCEFF0F.jpeg
F60EB3FA-AF0D-45E9-9645-7B52873156B7.jpeg

Kaicho8888

Reaction score
Fender Blues Jr. at 15W ... good with the stock Jensen vintage voiced speaker for blues, RnB and classic rock. Good for small clubs like 200 ppl capacity.

Since they are reasonably priced, I got 3 of them.

Attachments

• DSC07132.JPG
    DSC07132.JPG
    199.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the Fender Blues Jr. as well... it’s a great platform for pedals.... so you can piece together a tone and experiment. They are fairly inexpensive and last forever.... mine is 12 years old and still on it’s original Groove Tubes. The tweed covering is aging nicely. A great little amp.

pondcaster

Reaction score
Another vote for the Pro Junior but I'd get the IV model and not the old ones.

Had both, a blonde BJr and three PJr (2 old and now a new Tweed IV LTD) and the new PJrs are better, more versatile amps, imo.

Good luck in your search!

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fender tone master super reverb. On the more expensive side. A deluxe in the tone master series would fit the bill as well.

DeafDumbBlind Kid

Reaction score
JCM2000 DSL401, just be aware that the earlier ones ran hot, really hot but sounded fine. Might be a little hard to find, though and not cheap.

EasyAce

Reaction score
thumbnail_IMG_0544.jpeg

Gives you everything the classic tube Twin Reverb gives . . . . but you won't feel as though you're the sole carryer of a coffin---with the corpus delectus inside.

FhinRussen

Reaction score
Hello guys,

A great thanks for your explanations and your assistance, so I find two amp:

Fender Blues Junior IV:

And

Fender Pro Junior IV:

For the Blues and my LP 50's do have an choice between these two Fender blues jr ?

Once again a great thanks in advance, best regards.

searswashere

Reaction score
Tonemaster deluxe reverb and an Maxon TS808 if you have some funds.

Roland cube 60, fender mustang IV, boss Katana if you dont.

I actually get good low to mid gain drive out of a les paul straight into my Fender rumble 40 V3 too.

Latest Threads