Hello From Montana

cossack

Reaction score
I've already gained a lot of useful info on this site, and I figured it's time to join. I live in rural Montana and mostly just play for fun these days, although I'd love to start playing out more. Some of my favorite players are Rory Gallagher (I know, not an LP guy), Adrian Smith, Brian Robertson, and Steve Clark (especially on the early albums), and the trio of Hughie Thomasson, Billy Jones, and Freddie Salem. I'm a big fan of 70s hard rock, raunchy blues rock, and NWOBHM, but my interests are pretty broad. You might catch me listening to Byzantine Chant, '70s Country, or Renaissance music.

Here's the stable at the moment. I'm looking to add an original '70s Strat (this one is a Classic Series). This is my third, and favorite, 2009 LP Traditional Pro (yes, by some strange coincidence, every Les Paul that I came across that I both liked and could afford at the time has been a 2009 Les Paul Trad Pro):
Guitars.jpg

Last edited:

cossack

Reaction score
Welcome!

nice gear! What’s the bottom amp?
That's a Vintage Modern 2266C. It's a fantastic amp! Although I have to say that if the Studio Classic JCM800 had been around, I don't know if I would have bought anything else. The Vintage Modern is nice because it has an extra gain stage (and more power, but I rarely need it!) and a slightly different voice. It's one channel with a gain boost, but a very versatile and responsive amp.

LPMarshall Hack

Reaction score
That's a Vintage Modern 2266C. It's a fantastic amp! Although I have to say that if the Studio Classic JCM800 had been around, I don't know if I would have bought anything else. The Vintage Modern is nice because it has an extra gain stage (and more power, but I rarely need it!) and a slightly different voice. It's one channel with a gain boost, but a very versatile and responsive amp.
Ah ok...I figured. I had the 2266 head and stupidy sold it. I beat myself daily because of it. Great amp for sure.

Gridlock

Reaction score
Welcome. I love Montana and hope to get there again this year.

Nice gear, Traditional’s are some of my favorite Les Pauls. I’ve also owned a Vintage Modern 2266 and a 2266C, a JCM800, and a ‘70’s Stratocaster.

Similar tastes in gear.

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Reaction score
Welcome and you are in the right place for all things plumbing.

AND we talk about all types of guitars, sometimes LPs...

and don't ask about the cake.

Have fun here. Lots of talented and helpful people and a good
sense of humor is very helpful.

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in the southwest, south of Butte and Bozeman
I hail from Darby
Greetings from NW Wyoming.

Being from Wyoming, where a lot of folks look down on us as Redneck Cowboy’s, I always like to think positive and thank the Lord, at least I don’t live in Montana!:rofl:
Just joshin’ you guy’s. I love Montana ( Southbound I-35, Eastbound or Westbound I-90...)!

Like to get up to Judith Basin again soon!

fernieite

Reaction score
Welcome man!

I used to live in Fernie, which is just north of the border crossing at Eureka.

I used to ride my Honda CBR929RR Fireblade sport bike through Montana, and sometimes Idaho.
The ride through Glacier was the best!
Is the daytime highway speed limit still whatever is "safe and prudent"? :naughty:

Latest Threads