Hello from McKinney, Texas

ToneDriver

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've been playing guitar since middle school and finally got my first R9 back in 2005. I fell in love with it and it's been my favorite guitar since. It's heavy as hell, but nothing can beat its tone and looks. I haven’t come across any guitar that can match it for tone. I bought it back in the Fall of 2005 from a guitar shop in Ohio called C.A. Music House, which is where I actually bought my first guitar when I started taking lessons back in the day. I remember walking into the shop and seeing it hanging on the wall and thinking "Jimmy Page." :) It was also the Fall of the year and all the leaves were changing color and the finish reminded me of the Fall and the trip up north (I was living in Florida at the time) so I named her 'Autumn.'

It took many years to acquire my second Les Paul, but I finally got a Les Paul Axcess a year ago. Now I'm lusting for a 1960 Les Paul in tomato soup burst.

I'm living in McKinney, Texas, so if any members are from McKinney, please drop me a line.

Cheers,
~Chad
B8487FEA-6BBC-49F5-830C-8DF5F4CAB8D7.jpeg

Attachments

ToneDriver

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome messages. I moved to McKinney about 3 years ago from Naples, Florida. Still haven't discovered too many cool guitar shops here. The only one I've had a chance to visit is the Guitar Sanctuary here in McKinney, from which I actually live within walking distance. Nice shop, but they don't carry many Gibsons and mainly deal in boutique stuff and Mesa amps. Please let me know if you guys recommend any guitar shops in the DFW area.

LuckyDan

Reaction score
I think you would find The Tone Shop worth the drive to Addison. It's a full service shop with an impressive inventory of guitars and amps.

Last edited:

John

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome messages. I moved to McKinney about 3 years ago from Naples, Florida. Still haven't discovered too many cool guitar shops here. The only one I've had a chance to visit is the Guitar Sanctuary here in McKinney, from which I actually live within walking distance. Nice shop, but they don't carry many Gibsons and mainly deal in boutique stuff and Mesa amps. Please let me know if you guys recommend any guitar shops in the DFW area.
Welcome from another DFW guitarist.

ToneDriver

Reaction score
I think you would find The Tone Shop worth the drive to Addison. It's a full service shop with an impressive inventory of guitars and amps.

Thanks! I'll have to check it out. :) So far I've only been to the Guitar Sanctuary and to the Guitar Center in Plano. I'd love to find a place that sells used gear, especially old Marshalls.

Latest Threads