Helix+Seymour Duncan Powerstage+ InEar

CaptainT

Reaction score
I found a cool rig on the almighty youtube for us Helix nerds and thought it might be interesting for some of you:)

I love it;)

Reactions: mmd

drew365

Reaction score
I just recently started plugging my Helix floor into a Power Stage 170 and a 2x12 open back cab with Weber speakers. I'm loving it. Yeah, I can't play with a thousand IR's anymore, but it sounds great.

mmd

Reaction score
Cool video. @drew365 - are you only using the Power Stage and cab live, or are you also running DI? I am wondering because I just set up a small HX Stomp pedalboard rig for doing little one-off gigs, and I am thinking of adding one of those little amps and bringing along a 1x12 cab....

drew365

Reaction score
I've been using the PS170 / 2x12 cab rig for about two weeks and have done one band rehearsal so far but no gigs. So I haven't had to go into a board. My plan is to come out of my Helix on a second path with an IR, into a Radial DI box, into the board. I'll probably use 1/4" out for the PS170 and XLR out to the board.
I'm really liking the tone I'm getting with this setup. The PC+ sounded good and gave me lots of options to mess with, but A/B ing the two with the same patches was an eye opener. I think the two Weber speakers I'm running have something to do with it.