Heaviest Modern Les Paul You Have?

JimHanus

Reaction score
I know this is a Gibson forum, but I had an Epiphone Les Paul Classic that weighed in at exactly 13lbs. on my postal scale. Sold it a few years ago. Very pretty guitar, but very uncomfortable to play.

danny

Reaction score
2011 Les Paul Custom weight relieved regular production model not a reissue weighs in at 12 pounds.
View attachment 306621
really 12 !!!!
I wonder how fat the sound it is ? i bought a custom not even i a week ago and i select that one becuase it was the heaviest and fattest sound of the 4 les paul that i tried that day, and its only 10.5!! i would love to hear the story of the sound of that guitar!

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Double Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
really 12 !!!!
I wonder how fat the sound it is ? i bought a custom not even i a week ago and i select that one becuase it was the heaviest and fattest sound of the 4 les paul that i tried that day, and its only 10.5!! i would love to hear the story of the sound of that guitar!
Actually the most remarkable qualities of this particular beast is the sustain and the ease of pinched harmonics with the pick and thumb. Overall the tone is very balanced, the bass side doesn’t overwhelm the mids and highs. Just recently I have spent a day playing it after it been stored for awhile and was surprised by the fullness of chords and clarity of vibratos that I some how missed:laugh2:

I blame it on my age and how easily I can forget things :facepalm:

There’s nothing I would change, perfect like it is.:cool:

DarrellV

Caramel Biscuits! - Wooo!
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's beautiful, aey? I was going to @DarrellV you on that but it's transparent red. If it was candy apple I'd be offering the owner my house. Beautiful, none the less. Just sayin' :)
So true! I've loved the looks of that one since I joined and before i even knew who owned it! :dude:

And back when I thought a thunder dump was something our horses or rottie left behind!:rofl:

That is probly the only one I would consider trading on. I like it that much! :shock:

frozenotter

Comradery, not Companionship Please
Platinum Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
So true! I've loved the looks of that one since I joined and before i even knew who owned it! :dude:

And back when I thought a thunder dump was something our horses or rottie left behind!:rofl:

That is probly the only one I would consider trading on. I like it that much! :shock:
More like: :wow::run::facepalm:

Now don't don't go messin' with your virtual identity! :lol:

I saw his guitar some time ago too - she's a REAL LOOKER for sure. :h5:

Frogfur

Reaction score
Or even have played or even seen?

I got a little curious after weighing my 2012 Les Paul Trad Faded the other day, which weighs in a respectable 10 lbs almost on the dot. I know a lot of people wont even consider a guitar thats over 9 lbs or so, but I really like this one (and I dont play out).

But it got me wondering. I dont see too many 10 lb plus guitars that were made in the last decade (other than maybe custom shop stuff). So just out of curiosity, I wanna see just how heavy a modern Les Paul can get.
Too heavy for a long gig. My LP weighs about 9.5lbs.

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dont know if its modern but my -96 Classic, (not weight relieved) weighs in at 9.9 lbs. Always favoured lighter guitars but the weight adds some nice feel to it.
I`m not sure about the back but damn do I love that top :love:

Amazing looking Classic :thumb: