Heartbreaker solos 1 and 2: Jimmy Page Murphy aged vs Custom Authentic Les Pauls

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This is for demo purposes, comparing two guitars.

If you are observant, you will see that I switched from a superman shirt to a Jimmy Page double neck shirt between solos. LOL I also switched guitars. The first solo is on my #1 Murphy aged Jimmy Page Les Paul. The second solo is on my Jimmy Page Custom Authentic Les Paul.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqH1lVhd6Ak]YouTube - Heartbreaker Solos 1 and 2 Jimmy Page aged Les Paul versus Custom Authentic[/ame]

generalwar

Reaction score
This is for demo purposes, comparing two guitars.

If you are observant, you will see that I switched from a superman shirt to a Jimmy Page double neck shirt between solos. LOL I also switched guitars. The first solo is on my #1 Murphy aged Jimmy Page Les Paul. The second solo is on my Jimmy Page Custom Authentic Les Paul.

YouTube - Heartbreaker Solos 1 and 2 Jimmy Page aged Les Paul versus Custom Authentic

LMAO with the shirt change! Had a Benny Hill feel to it.

That is SICK playing bro :D

r9in09

Reaction score
killer playing man! :thumb::thumb:

tone's not bad as well -- both sounded creme de la creme

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
LMAO with the shirt change! Had a Benny Hill feel to it.

That is SICK playing bro :D

thanks man! i actually recorded them a few weeks apart. i did the first solo about 6 weeks ago and i did the second one last night.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I will say that each of those solos will shred the skin right off your finger tips. When I recorded it, I actually had a blood blister on my right thumb from practicing the bend (G string above the nut) at the beginning of the first solo. But on the left hand, skin gone, new blisters, etc. I had built up calluses too. Did not help.

Dave1968

Reaction score
I will say that each of those solos will shred the skin right off your finger tips. When I recorded it, I actually had a blood blister on my right thumb from practicing the bend (G string above the nut) at the beginning of the first solo. But on the left hand, skin gone, new blisters, etc. I had built up calluses too. Did not help.

Hey Jimmy it was worth it!! That was fun to watch and fantastic to listen to too! The Benny Hill bit made me laugh too!! :)

dazzypig

Reaction score
Wow! Although I've kind of come to expect it from your videos, that was great. Especially the first solo. It's nice to think that a few of his CS instruments will be played like this eh?

Definitely deserves a thanks! :thumb::wow::applause:

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words. I really don't play my guitars much. Maybe once or twice a week for an hour? I have not ever gigged with any of them.

ZOSO73

Banned
Reaction score
Very nice playing jimmyace did it take you long to learn those licks?

Atomic

Reaction score
dude what AWFUL playing!! my GAWD!!!

;) im j/k. it was rockin. maybe im just jealous of your two pauls!! :D

Red Baron

Reaction score
Nice one John :applause: ...what amp are you playing through?

aidb

Reaction score
You nailed the tone and feel John. I think even Jimmy P himself would be delighted. :)

Tadas

Reaction score
your playing is AWESOME!! i watch it over and over again :D
i hope someday i'll play like that. but for now, stairway to heaven solo is quite a bit of a challenge for me :)

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Latest Threads