Heartbreaker solo BBC version on 6 different historics; tone comparison

alexmania

Reaction score
You're way kind. I got all kinds of hot and cold running S**T from my kids, my wife, my friends, my barista, all of them. Who's laughing now! The only problem I have is like buying a dress for the prom...when do I get to wear that one again?

I'll go trolling for that thread....

Duane24

Reaction score
very cool, each time i was just picturing bonham coming slamming in with those drums just as you get the bach classical little bit.

:thumb:

alexmania

Reaction score
I just offered up my dragon pants for a compelling enough reason...Hell I can play the Bach bouret. It just doesn't look quite as good unless I drop 50 pounds!

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You did Great man..I like how you down played the Zoso Pants with an Everyday T-shirt!:jam: You are Now Definitely Qualified for the Loafers and Zoso Custom Shirt:D Wait, there's a Dragon Suit for sale in the Classifieds! Ask JimmyAce he knows all about it..You gotta read that thread just for the Humor:laugh2:

that suit was sold a long time ago. but someone keeps resurrecting that thread!

alexmania

Reaction score
Hell, if you wanted the pants I'd send them to you. It's only fair from all I've learned from you.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm good, thanks! Back on topic. I thought the 1998 model was most articulate. But the Page LP sounded like a similar tone....though the others did too. LOL

JPP373

Reaction score
that suit was sold a long time ago. but someone keeps resurrecting that thread!

I haven't resurrected that Thread 1 time..not even Once. So there. Its a funny thread man. I wouldn't take offense to it. its not like that was your Dragon Suit for sale.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I haven't resurrected that Thread 1 time..not even Once. So there. Its a funny thread man. I wouldn't take offense to it. its not like that was your Dragon Suit for sale.

it will go away again for a few months and then rear its ugly head again!

JPP373

Reaction score
Yo JimmyAce. Just Curious...Do you know the Output of the Braz R0 PUP's? as compared to the 59PAF's? Just amazing how Good the Braz R0 is Bone Stock.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yo JimmyAce. Just Curious...Do you know the Output of the Braz R0 PUP's? as compared to the 59PAF's? Just amazing how Good the Braz R0 is Bone Stock.

I do not know. But you are right. That guitar was a gem of a find. The top is ok for an R0; not my fav, has character though. But the board is probably the darkest of all of my reissues except for the Page; the neck is a true R0; smallest of my reissues except for the Page....tone....you said it. It has a great mix of bite, warmth, high end, and growl. Wiring is stock modern wiring, not 50s......that is another thing that makes it amazing. It is not muddy like all the other modern wired LPs I have tried. No need to change a thing.

JPP373

Reaction score
Get that thread so far out in left field that it gets locked, then it can't be bumped again. :naughty:

Hey Its funny..This is Not Russia. We're not making fun of anyone just the Dragon Suit and how times have changed from the 70's to Now. I'd embrace the thread. Maybe i should start a Classifieds THread on Where can i find a suit like Ozzy's

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK_RYrItjqM&feature=related]Black Sabbath - Never Say Die (Paranoid) - 1978 [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

JPP373

Reaction score
I do not know. But you are right. That guitar was a gem of a find. The top is ok for an R0; not my fav, has character though. But the board is probably the darkest of all of my reissues except for the Page; the neck is a true R0; smallest of my reissues except for the Page....tone....you said it. It has a great mix of bite, warmth, high end, and growl. Wiring is stock modern wiring, not 50s......that is another thing that makes it amazing. It is not muddy like all the other modern wired LPs I have tried. No need to change a thing.

Wow that's very unussual..Its not Vintage wiring? i thought you changed it. Reminds me of my 58 Bigsby Braz. Sounds just Amazing and i haven't changed a thing on that one either. I changed out everything on my 59 Braz cept the Caps. Wiring, Pots and PUP's. Sounded very Muddy and Dull in stock form. Yep, you got Lucky with that one. Tone is just Killer and closest Rival yet, imo, to the Page #1. But Geez those PAF LP's sound Killer as well.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow that's very unussual..Its not Vintage wiring? i thought you changed it. Reminds me of my 58 Bigsby Braz. Sounds just Amazing and i haven't changed a thing on that one either. I changed out everything on my 59 Braz cept the Caps. Wiring, Pots and PUP's. Sounded very Muddy and Dull in stock form. Yep, you got Lucky with that one. Tone is just Killer and closest Rival yet, imo, to the Page #1. But Geez those PAF LP's sound Killer as well.

Yeah, I have been blessed with some nice guitars. Any of them are cool to play on any given day. I find myself feeling a little guilty thinking of adding that "final" (yeah right) 7th keeper (historic)......if I could sell my 2010 R9, #7 would be on its way to my place. The 2010 R9 is not one of the 6 in this thread though nearly identical to the 2009 R9 in color, tone & playability. Someone will get a superb guitar when they buy it from me. :D:wave:

attachment.php

IMG_2514.jpg

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This is the control cavity of the 2003 R0 Braz; as you can see, it is bone stock, all original modern wiring (caps connected to the middle lug on the tone pots).

attachment.php

attachment.php

IMG_4179.jpg

IMG_4182.jpg

Big Red

Reaction score
Is that an R9 stamp in the R0's control cavity? Or does it just look like that in the photo?

b3john

Reaction score
The 2010 R9 is not one of the 6 in this thread though nearly identical to the 2009 R9 in color, tone & playability. Someone will get a superb guitar when they buy it from me. :D:wave:

R9s are not my thing, but let me know if you ever decide to part with one of those R0s instead... :naughty: :thumb: :D :wave:

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
R9s are not my thing, but let me know if you ever decide to part with one of those R0s instead... :naughty: :thumb: :D :wave:

I will keep you in mind! Though it is highly unlikely that I will be letting either of them go. :cool:

JPP373

Reaction score
Here's the Control Cavity of my 2003 58 Braz bigsby
attachment.php

Latest Threads