Heart issues...............

KP11520

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you hadn't taken good care and exercised, your heart wouldn't have made it through with the little blood it was getting! You did gooderer than you know! :wave:

Now that you have all that blood flowing in to your heart, imagine the love that can flow out. Take good care of yourself AND your ladies (family). You've been given what you need to do exactly that! And again, you'll do gooderer than you know, cause that's just who you are!

Destiny awaits. Do it well! :applause::applause::applause::applause: Congratulations on all fronts!

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you got things taken care of when you did. Get well soon!

bucklester

Reaction score
feel better freebyrd,i got a 50% blocked right artery.
they wont do a stent until it's 70%.
I don't know what else to say but feel better,good luck,prayers sent.

rvschulz

Reaction score
Jon,

just stumbled onto this. glad to hear you are going to be good to go. don't know how your diet is affecting this problem. obviously, you have been dealing with it for some time. sme people have a natural disposition to clogged arteries.

good luck and recover fast.

r

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Man,Im so glad it all worked out,brother!! Rest up now and you will be back rockin' in no time.

I Break Things

Reaction score
Man what a day, this might be goofed up because I'm using voice text. But I will try to get the point across. Bottom line is I am a very lucky man. What was supposed to be a one hour procedure took three. I was 95% blocked on my left main along with some scar tissue giving me almost 0% blood flow through my left main heart artery. I was also 95% blocked and the other one . They had to end up doing two stents, including one that was about three times the size of the original one that they had put in me in 2002. Everything else is OK. They decided to keep me overnight since it was such a difficult and involved procedure. I should be going home tomorrow. A serious thank you to all my MLP brothers and sisters for all the prayers and well wishes. It really means a lot to me that you guys care. I really do consider so many of you my friends, it matters not that we have not met met face-to-face. Have a great night. And thank you again. by the way I will eventually take a picture of and post the doctors notes on the blockage. He gave me a pretty cool diagram that was drawn out that shows exactly how close I came to deaths door. They said that I should have had another heart attack, and had I had it it would've been fatal.

:wow:

That's a close call! I'm glad everything went alright and that you are recovering. God bless you!

freebyrd 69

Reaction score
Thank you again to all. I came home this afternoon. I will be sure and get some pics up of the doctors drawing.....scary $hit. Should be back to work part of the day Thursday, and good to gig on the 28th of this month.:naughty:

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Great to read that you have come through it all. :thumb: :dude:

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Wow!
This went so well, considering.
My Best to you!
:thumb:

And don't be shy to get some rest and maybe miss a few days at work.
Just so you start on the right foot.
There's a little girl that needs you for a long time.
Take care.

Hanover Fist

Reaction score
Guys,listen up to freebyrds experience,and heed your bodies warning signs

Like! I went for a fast walk for about an hour or so on Saturday, and when I was almost done, I didn't feel quite right. When I got home, I was so exhausted, I had to sit on the couch for about half an hour. I didn't have any chest pains or nausea, but I still felt something was wrong.

So, a couple hours later (dumb, right?) I decided to go to the ER. They immediately hooked me up to an EKG machine, and didn't see anything. They wanted me to stay the night for observation and more tests. I was hesitant, but agreed to do so since heart disease runs on my Dad's side of the family.

So after 4 vials of blood (to check for enzymes released during a heart attack), numerous EKGs, a treadmill stress test, and an echocardiogram, they said my heart was well-conditioned, and saw no signs of an attack. They further said I was "very healthy" (though I need to lose about 40 lbs to be at my optimum weight).

They also told me the treadmill test showed no signs of blockage, though a co-worker said the only way to be 100% sure is to have a heart catheterization.

So don't hesitate to get checked out if something doesn't feel right!

freebyrd 69

Reaction score
Like! I went for a fast walk for about an hour or so on Saturday, and when I was almost done, I didn't feel quite right. When I got home, I was so exhausted, I had to sit on the couch for about half an hour. I didn't have any chest pains or nausea, but I still felt something was wrong.

So, a couple hours later (dumb, right?) I decided to go to the ER. They immediately hooked me up to an EKG machine, and didn't see anything. They wanted me to stay the night for observation and more tests. I was hesitant, but agreed to do so since heart disease runs on my Dad's side of the family.

So after 4 vials of blood (to check for enzymes released during a heart attack), numerous EKGs, a treadmill stress test, and an echocardiogram, they said my heart was well-conditioned, and saw no signs of an attack. They further said I was "very healthy" (though I need to lose about 40 lbs to be at my optimum weight).

They also told me the treadmill test showed no signs of blockage, though a co-worker said the only way to be 100% sure is to have a heart catheterization.

So don't hesitate to get checked out if something doesn't feel right!

You did everything right.....BUT! You are correct, the only way to confirm blockage is via a cath. My EKG's and blood work all checked out, however the treadmill echo stress gave it away. If you keep feeling not right, go get a cath.

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends on WHERE that catheter goes......:shock: :D

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
58072973.jpg

Latest Threads