Heart issues...............

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
It's Monday and you're having the procedure.

We're thinking of you!
:thumb:

jc2000

Reaction score
I just met with the cardiologist, and apparently they do this procedure now by going into the wrist instead of the leg. Cuts down significantly on recovery time. Better news each day. They go in through the right wrist, so that's good news to as far as the gig is concerned on the 28th. LOL should be able to pick just fine.

Good luck, I'm sure it will be fine. I had a stent placed back in May and they went through the wrist. Recovery was a snap but now I cant stop worrying about ...You have been dealing with this most of your life and I applaud you sir...

TheX

Not my real pic.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recovery was a snap but now I cant stop worrying about

I get flashes of fear about having another heart attack. It leaves a lasting impression.

I Break Things

Reaction score
I don't know you or anything, but my dad has heart issues as well. I've sent a prayer your way.

csplayer089

Reaction score
Heart issues are no joke. Last year I was under a lot of stress at work and had severe heart palpitations for about a month straight...scary stuff. They were so bad I would lose my breath sometimes.

Went to the doc, did a EKG, holter monitor, and echocardiogram. I have a slight bow in my mitral valve with some regurgitation. Doc says its nothing I need to worry about for the most part, just keep my stress levels down.

I've since switched jobs and have eliminated almost all stressors from my life, and my heart seems to be back to normal. When they say that stress can kill, well yes, I definitely believe that now.

Good luck with the surgery

freebyrd 69

Reaction score
Man what a day, this might be goofed up because I'm using voice text. But I will try to get the point across. Bottom line is I am a very lucky man. What was supposed to be a one hour procedure took three. I was 95% blocked on my left main along with some scar tissue giving me almost 0% blood flow through my left main heart artery. I was also 95% blocked and the other one . They had to end up doing two stents, including one that was about three times the size of the original one that they had put in me in 2002. Everything else is OK. They decided to keep me overnight since it was such a difficult and involved procedure. I should be going home tomorrow. A serious thank you to all my MLP brothers and sisters for all the prayers and well wishes. It really means a lot to me that you guys care. I really do consider so many of you my friends, it matters not that we have not met met face-to-face. Have a great night. And thank you again. by the way I will eventually take a picture of and post the doctors notes on the blockage. He gave me a pretty cool diagram that was drawn out that shows exactly how close I came to deaths door. They said that I should have had another heart attack, and had I had it it would've been fatal.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
You have a good heart FB. Look after it now. It has looked after you very well.

Glad to hear all went well, and you will be back bigger and better than ever.

Cheers

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was very relieved when you called...

Take it real easy the next few days, push the easy button on EVERYTHING...

Get some rest!

parts

Reaction score
So good to hear the good results..

Rest up..

And hit that red button..a lot..

Laggspike

Reaction score
Glad you are okay :)

as Parts said, go rest it up now!

Platte City Paul

Reaction score
Good news. Instead of doctors notes, maybe a selfie after you hit the red button again? ;)

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just found this thread Jon. Had I found it sooner I would have been the first to wish you well and a speedy recovery..

roeg

Reaction score
That is wonderful they nailed it.Good you listened to yourself.Guys,listen up to freebyrds experience,and heed your bodies warning signs.

Good luck,good rest....plan for the gig.:slash:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Speedy recovery, Jon. Glad to hear that they got you back in the game!

Rest up and get the hell outta there!

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Good to hear it went ok!

You'll be out of there and back at it in no time!

The General

Reaction score
Good to hear everything worked out ok, way too close for comfort though!! Kinda scary when you hear about people like you that basically do everything right, take care of yourself, exercise, eat right, etc., and you still have a problem like this. Doesn't give much hope to those of us who do everything the opposite.

Hope you get home soon.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Late to this thread. So glad everything worked out.

As to runner vs non-runner... :laugh2:

df55303530f35b48bcdec4872973b34e.jpg

Latest Threads