Healthy Home-cooked Recipes

kmk108

Reaction score
I made a stir fry last night. It was pretty damn good if I do say so myself :laugh2:

The recipe calls for a pound of beef sirloin steak, but I'm in Beijing, and I couldn't get a pound of sirloin steak easily, so I got a package of beef tenderloins. It worked out ok. What matters is it's about 3/4 inches thick. You could probably use chicken or any other kind of meat as well. We added some shrimp to add a little bit of diversity to the meat.

The other ingredients:

vegetable spray or oil

1 cup whole baby carrots cut into thin strips

4 ounces snow peas

1 medium onion cut in half and sliced. I'm not a big fan of onion, but a little more could have been added.

3 cloves of garlic, minced

1 tablespoon minced ginger root (I couldn't find any, so I went without)

4 cups of beef broth

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (if you're a pansy :naughty: I put in at least a half teaspoon)

between 5-6 ounces of rice noodles

1. spray a 12-inch skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium heat for a minute. Add the beef and stir-fry. Remove from the skillet when it's done.

2. Stir-fry the carrots, peas, onion, garlic and ginger until they're tender.

3. Stir the broth, soy sauce, red pepper, and noodles into the skillet. Boil it. Once it's boiling, add the beef to the skilled and reduce the heat to low. Cook it for 5 minutes. I put the vegetables back in, because I like my vegetables softer. If you don't, don't add the vegetables until the end.

yzv2.jpg

It was originally supposed to be a soup, but since I cooked the rice with the broth, the noodles absorbed a lot of the broth. The noodles were great though.

Latest Threads