Health Care Issues

tinman402

Reaction score
I been saying that since day one.. Insurance is not the problem, the COST of everything medical related is the issue..

200 bucks to go have a doctor listen to your chest, look in your ears, nose and eyes and send you on your way with some antibiotics..

Lets not even talk about the cost of the xray, doctor to read the xray, then the second doctor that has to read it as well in the name of being thorough.. all 3 are separate bills..

Fracture

Reaction score

This and 3 subsequent operating room rides $ 660,000

Loss of a career and a lifetime of back pain $ priceless

Kashmir

Reaction score
I don't know if there may be a difference in quality between a USA and Spain hip replacement. But is seems to me, this day and age, a hip replacement is a hip replacement.

danohat

Reaction score
If we can't keep people from getting things stuck in their asses, we are always going to have a problem with health care.

roeg

Reaction score
US healthcare is driven by profit.Dr's have to be paid.Dividends have to be paid.Insurance companies have to have billing codes for procedures at a resonable operating cost,so they don't go broke.Head offices have to have their christmas bonus.Its a cash cow.The payola goes on and on.Having a system that operates for profit guarentees that everyone in the food chain will do so.That pushes costs up.There is NO incentive to keep costs down.

Electroman67

Reaction score
We need to start making hookers, doctors. They do all kinds of chit for $50, and don't ask for no insurance or i.d. :wave:

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Medical care and medicine are overpriced in the aspect that they save and better your life. Why the hell should you be expected to pay hundreds of dollars to see a doctor?

When my little sister did a two and a half week stint in the hospital for an abscess, her medical bill came out to something like six hundred thousand dollars. But because of insurance, it was only 2k.

Six hundred thousand dollars for a minor surgery, MRI's, CT Scan, room and board, food, medicine, doctors, nurses, equipment, washing her bed sheets, even $100 for the boxes of rubber medical gloves they kept on the wall.

This was before Obama care was even introduced. So how could anyone act like there was fair health care when all of that would have cost $600,000 without insurance?

And with Obama care, it will be helping a ton of people. But in order for that to happen, the same amount will get fvcked over.

(I'll risk a vacation for saying this) Since there was 2 trillion dollars spent on the Iraq war, and the country is (last I knew) 15 trillion dollars in debt, I find if impossible to believe that there's no money for at least a REAL health care system in the US.

danohat

Reaction score
I have been cured of many illnesses with just a rusty trombone.

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I haven't used healthcare since 2004. That's when I got my eye fixed. It didn't work. I'm blind in that eye. Now, I gots my ACA. Let's just see how that's going to work. I almost can't wait for the system to get a load of me. :wow:

So What

Reaction score
Medical care and medicine are overpriced in the aspect that they save and better your life. Why the hell should you be expected to pay hundreds of dollars to see a doctor?

When my little sister did a two and a half week stint in the hospital for an abscess, her medical bill came out to something like six hundred thousand dollars. But because of insurance, it was only 2k.

Six hundred thousand dollars for a minor surgery, MRI's, CT Scan, room and board, food, medicine, doctors, nurses, equipment, washing her bed sheets, even $100 for the boxes of rubber medical gloves they kept on the wall.

This was before Obama care was even introduced. So how could anyone act like there was fair health care when all of that would have cost $600,000 without insurance?

And with Obama care, it will be helping a ton of people. But in order for that to happen, the same amount will get fvcked over.

(I'll risk a vacation for saying this) Since there was 2 trillion dollars spent on the Iraq war, and the country is (last I knew) 15 trillion dollars in debt, I find if impossible to believe that there's no money for at least a REAL health care system in the US.

You are forgetting that hospitals and Dr.'s have to overcharge for services and supplies to the paying patients, and their insurance companies, to cover the cost of all the non-paying patients they see.

The emergency room visit was the way people without health insurance got medical treatment, prior to Obamacare.

The jury is still out on any improvements with Obamacare in effect.

Or is it in effect yet? Or, will it ever be effective? :hmm:

I'm no fan of insurance companies, they clearly overcharge. I'm just giving you additional information.

bertzie

Reaction score
If people get sick they should just make more money to pay for their healthcare. That's the capitalist way.

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My grandfather was a doctor. I mean semi-famous. He and bud opened a clinic in San Diego back in the '50's. We are talking a building and everything. When I was a kid, growing up in SF Bay Area, we just flew to SD to get medical stuff done. This was way before healthcare costs got out of hand. He sold his practice and the building. There was even a trust fund for the grandkids. He could have stipulated anything he wanted when he sold the joint. All he had to do was stipulate that any direct family gets free health care for life . But NOOOO. I'm a Rees in that combo. http://www.sharp.com/rees-stealy/index.cfm

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
I highly doubt the correctnes of the spanish Price....:hmm:

over here an average hip-replacement is 18-25000 Euro (23-33000 USD)
costs depends on the parts used, 180 different types of hips....

It never can be done at a quater of the price in Spain

So I call BS on this statement

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If people get sick they should just make more money to pay for their healthcare. That's the capitalist way.
"If you can't afford medical care, don't get sick"

"If she wasn't wearing revealing clothing, he wouldn't have sexually assaulted her"

Both things are said by the same people, and have the same level of bullshit as the other.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt the correctnes of the spanish Price....:hmm:

over here an average hip-replacement is 18-25000 Euro (23-33000 USD)
costs depent on the parts used, 180 different types of hips....

It never can be done at a quater of the price in Spain

So I call BS on this statement
In Spain, that price reflects the "empty soup can attached to an old baseball" special. :laugh2:

bertzie

Reaction score
In Spain, that price reflects the "empty soup can attached to an old baseball" special. :laugh2:
They get options in Spain?! Here in America all that pesky regulation prevents doctors from giving you good cheap options.

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
They get options in Spain?! Here in America all that pesky regulation prevents doctors from giving you good cheap options.
We've got tons of regulations, too
and got good healthcare-system, still affordable :thumb:
nonetheless lots of people get the benefits without ever paying a penny for it...(just think of kids..)

Latest Threads