HE SHOT MY ARM OFF!!!!!!

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Egad; what's the take on a liquor store, anyway.
I mean, sure, it's the only place open that late, but jeeze.

There's a panhandler always by a local Dollar Tree.
I wanna tell him he should up his game.
We had one here the other day where two guys held up a Domino's driver as he was getting in his car in the parking lot at Domino's with the pizza in his hand.
#1 what's the take?
#2 they were splitting it!

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
We've become such a strong society of individuals and free thinkers and people who wont be told what to do we've become a society of assholes.

People don't believe in the good of society or our Country anymore. They all think they're special and unique little individuals that nothing should apply to them and and they don't want to be a part of something because that to them means giving up being an individual.

A nation of individuals (special snowflakes) is a nation of fucking assholes.

Which is where we are today.

You're on to something there, Mal. Spot on.

Adding to that, everyone pretty much hates everyone else. Therefore, no matter what your perspective is, mine is better, so fuck you! We all think we are getting screwed by someone, or something. Anger and paranoia... not a great cocktail.

I used to think that I wouldn't live long enough to see us killing each other in the streets on a mass scale. I may have underestimated things.

Fuck.

Fritz

Reaction score
Right down the freeway from me .

Norco is horse country . Cowboys. A small town devoted to the equestrian / ranch lifestyle.

You can smell it as you drive past on the freeway.

They have hitching posts in front of the local bars. Seriously.

Been there.

Making a bad move down there is about as smart as walking into a Texas bar and calling the patrons a bunch of homos.

It it were a bar they held up instead of a liquor store, the patrons of said bar would tie the would-be thug up, hook a rope to him and drag him behind a horse.

All the fucking way down the street.

The cowboy bars in Norco are notorious. fights every other night.
I would much rather be down south on a farm sniffing fresh-baked cow pods, than continue breathing the scent of people in New York. In fact, I wouldn't mind living on a ranch in a western ghost town, so long as there was a good convenience store and a Walmart Supercenter 5 miles over the mountain, and decent cellular service.

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You're on to something there, Mal. Spot on.

Adding to that, everyone pretty much hates everyone else. Therefore, no matter what your perspective is, mine is better, so fuck you! We all think we are getting screwed by someone, or something. Anger and paranoia... not a great cocktail.

I used to think that I wouldn't live long enough to see us killing each other in the streets on a mass scale. I may have underestimated things.

Fuck.

It's what people have come to tolerate, in this particular day and age. It's been a long time coming, this selfish, hedonistic mindset of people who were raised as children in the "Dr Spock" style. No one can do any wrong, any thing you do is "okay", everybody is a winner, so there's no loss, and no need to feel bad about loss. Anything goes, you are special, and everything about you is gloriously wonderful.

Look to the summer of 2020. Don't mention details, we all know.

Was that okay with you? Did that really need to happen socially? Physically? All that destruction, burning, beatdowns of innocents who had nothing to do with all that mess?

Then look to the generation that fought WWII (like my father), and their morals, ethics and public standards of what they would tolerate, what they would put up with as "necessary for social advancement", and it being "okay somehow".

I never thought I'd say this in my lifetime, but I'm actually glad my father passed away in 2016.

For the years that followed would have surely killed him, but it would have broken his heart first to see what this nation he fought for had come to.

The good things in life aren't just "handed" to you. You have to WORK for them. WORK HARD. Do the right thing when nobody is looking. Why? -Because you don't get to live forever, and what sort of mark you make on this world is the only legacy of you that you get control of to leave behind. What sort of person are you, will you be, have you been?

These "take it all, fuck everyone else" types that have now floated to the surface have done so because the good people who occupied this spot in the sun have finally, unfortunately died off. There wasn't room for the assholes, and now there is.

There have always been assholes. There have always been good folks.

But the balance, guys. The balance. Now it seems the assholes, the hedonistic, the "can't do wrong" snowflakes have the upper-hand in numbers.

I remain ever wistful that the good can turn it around. This has happened in waves throughout history, ever since the Roman times and before. I doubt I'll be alive to see it happen, but one can always hope.

Until then, I'll protect me and mine by any means necessary. And we all know what that means.

Last edited:

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justice served. Ha..."HE SHOT MY ARM OFF HE SHOT MY ARM OFF". I'm surprised the store owner didn't get charged by some asshole California DA.

Norco?
That town is about as "old America" as it gets.
Fuck around in Norco and it's like fucking around in some small Texas town that The Law hasn't visited in decades other than to set speed traps.
Norco's main street (actually 6th Street) has red, white, and blue lines.
There are probably more feed & tack stores in Norco than there are in the rest of California south of Fresno.

6th.jpg

LtDave32

Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Norco?
That town is about as "old America" as it gets.
Fuck around in Norco and it's like fucking around in some small Texas town that The Law hasn't visited in decades other than to set speed traps.
Norco's main street (actually 6th Street) has red, white, and blue lines.
There are probably more feed & tack stores in Norco than there are in the rest of California south of Fresno.

View attachment 625964

Did you see my post, Rich?

Rich and I live within an hour and a half of each other. He's closer to Norco than I am .

And he's absolutely right about Norco.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you see my post, Rich?

Rich and I live within an hour and a half of each other. He's closer to Norco than I am .

And he's absolutely right about Norco.
After I posted mine.
I was still on the first page (first post) when I replied.

I *ALWAYS* reply before I read the rest of the thread :rofl:

I thought it was funnier than shit that we both compared Norco to Texas :D

LtDave32

Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
After I posted mine.
I was still on the first page (first post) when I replied.

I *ALWAYS* reply before I read the rest of the thread :rofl:

I thought it was funnier than shit that we both compared Norco to Texas :D
Hitching posts in front of the bars. Always a few horses tied up.

Anna managed a country act that played there.

A fight or two every weekend. The Maverick is notorious for that.

Somebody gets stupid and forgets their manners, there is hell to pay.

You don't fuck arond in Norco.

My kind of people.

parts

Reaction score
Lucky guy,,
Could have cost him and arm and a leg here near the border..

Norco..is prescription only here in AZ..

Last edited:

pnuggett

Reaction score
It's hard to believe but good to know there is a place like Norco in CA.

LtDave32

Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's hard to believe but good to know there is a place like Norco in CA.

I owned a horse for years.

Got too expensive, but I'm well versed in equestrian ways.

And I'm very familiar and comfortable with the "aromas of nature".

But Norco is a smell in itself. It's the major cow-producing area in CA.

There's just too much cow-fart. Seriously. This isn't a comfy, home-style ranch smell. Little alfalfa, little hay , little bit o' cow poo.

This is up a cow's ass smell. Intensified.

This is 10X worse than "that corner" of the County Fair.

TheX

Freedom is NOT a safe space
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent a few years stationed at NAS Lemoore. I know of a lot of backwards areas out there.

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
We've become such a strong society of individuals and free thinkers and people who wont be told what to do we've become a society of assholes.

People don't believe in the good of society or our Country anymore. They all think they're special and unique little individuals that nothing should apply to them and and they don't want to be a part of something because that to them means giving up being an individual.

A nation of individuals (special snowflakes) is a nation of fucking assholes.

Which is where we are today.
I hear you, but I'm not sure that's it. We were founded on the idea of rugged individualism. The whole premise of our self governing system, was that we the people are sovereign and we "lend" rights to the state so we can have a functioning civil society. The people as individuals come first, the states come second and we come together as a nation to solve national problems. We were never designed or intended to be a collective...group rights were never part of the deal, nor was groupthink.

I do agree that many people have become "assholes" though and it seems like the value of human life has diminished in many communities. Broken homes, single parent homes, shitty schools, shitty politicians, shitty laws and stupid ideas taught to people at a young age are the problem...in my opinion.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yeah I agree with that. I just think in the older days 'the individual' wasn't such a selfish asshole.

it kind of (imo) has to do with a forbidden topic here though.

Like I remember Thump and Howard saying things like, "I don't need R******* to have morals and be a good person!" .. and I agree,.. do what works for you.

But I'm starting to think a lot of people DO need R******** to have morals and not be an asshole.

Too many people are just acting like animals. And they just react to things instead of thinking about things.

Then there's the whole common victim mentality that's so prevalent now. In the old days you weren't a victim, you didn't sit around feeling sorry for yourself; you got shit done.

...imo

LtDave32

Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And they just react to things instead of thinking about things.

This. Where is the critical thinking skills that are supposed to be taught in grade school?

Then there's the whole common victim mentality that's so prevalent now. In the old days you weren't a victim, you didn't sit around feeling sorry for yourself; you got shit done.

And that brings me around to the term "snowflake".

It is NOT a political term. It has to to with a lack of standing up for one's self, handling life's little problems, learning to cope, learning to field grounders that life bats at you.

"petting zoos".. "crying cubicles". Coloring books, stuffed animal cuddles, blankets and hot cocoa, all this for situations that arise in the world news cycle that young adults cannot handle.

These things, this coddling was all the rage across college campuses.

THIS, is "snowflake". It has absolutely nothing to do with either side of the political isle.

Crying booths. Oh my friggin lord..

LtDave32

Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I spent a few years stationed at NAS Lemoore. I know of a lot of backwards areas out there.

I think there's a Naval Warfare facility just north of Norco, IIRC..

Latest Threads