Having trouble posting pics

Slick Willy

Reaction score
Guys my wife bought me a new I phone. Every time I try and post a pic it comes up and says pics to large. Anyone have this problem? I guess it’s my phone. Never had any problems with my old phone. Mods if I’m in the wrong place please move my post. Thanks for any help.

edselman

Reaction score
The camera is so much better on the iPhone, and as a consequence each photo contains a larger amount of data. You need to reduce the size/resolution of your image. You can use editing software. But I have found that I can email the photo to myself as an attachment and specify a medium size. I can then upload that image to the forum.

Also try selecting the “High Efficiency” mode in the camera section of “Settings” on your phone. That may reduce the amount of image data.

This is a common problem as online entities such as forums and EBay struggle to keep up with ever advancing technology.

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Double Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
On my iPhone I use the “square” setting, it works every time.

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
There is plenty of free online services that allow you to upload a pic and crop/resize as you want. Or just open a free account with postimages.org, and put your images there, and drop the share links here.

JayPDizzle

Reaction score
You should be able to set the size of the photo somewhere in the phone's settings as well if that helps. Does anyone know the size limits?

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
Open the pic in photos on your phone, crop it just the tiniest bit. It’ll fly. Apparently the new ones are just a hair too big.

Utmost

Reaction score
Oh wow , haven’t been able to post pics for a while. Thanks for the tip!

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow. If that was a test, you definitely passed!