haven't cringed that hard in a while

sk8rat

Reaction score
earlier today I was stopped at a red light about five or six cars behind a fairly new bmw coupe. I noticed a cloud of smoke. long story short, bmw driver was a kid probably no older than 20 and he was trying to do a burn out while stopped and instead was roasting his clutch the entire time. he held the throttle for a good ten seconds or so too. :shock::facepalm::laugh2:

there were three cars in front of him so im surprised he didnt cause an accident with his lack of knowing how to burnout and all. I ended up behind him further down the road and he was trying to do burnouts at every stop sign and every corner. feel bad for the sucker that ends up with that car after him. if he doesnt total it.

I found the video of his dad teaching him how to do a burnout

Howard2k

Reaction score
Ha ha, should not own a manual transmission!

05jrock

Reaction score
With all the gadgets on new cars these days I'm surprised they can do skids, or that the engine didn't shut itself down

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all the gadgets on new cars these days I'm surprised they can do skids, or that the engine didn't shut itself down
The computer generally does prevent breaking traction, and that is possibly what we are seeing in the video.
But sports/muscle/super cars have disable options for traction control and such... for drivers that think they can do better than the computer (and some can, Joe Homeowner can't)

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I have just one car with a stick left in my garage, which is a 2001 Honda S 2000. I also have a MB C 43 AMG with a 9 speed auto. The Honda roadster gets 0-60 in 5.2 seconds, if you waste the clutch. The MB gets it in 4 seconds without burning out a clutch or tires (it is 4WD).

So I guess this boils down to whether one wants to really go, or put on a show. In its day, the S 2000 was known as a "road scapel" due to its cornering ability. Now I think the MB does better, even though it is a sedan. So, do you want to put on a show, or do you want to go?

rikko

Reaction score
I have just one car with a stick left in my garage, which is a 2001 Honda S 2000. I also have a MB C 43 AMG with a 9 speed auto. The Honda roadster gets 0-60 in 5.2 seconds, if you waste the clutch. The MB gets it in 4 seconds without burning out a clutch or tires (it is 4WD).

So I guess this boils down to whether one wants to really go, or put on a show. In its day, the S 2000 was known as a "road scapel" due to its cornering ability. Now I think the MB does better, even though it is a sedan. So, do you want to put on a show, or do you want to go?
Hey-
Regarding said S2000:
Let me know if your getting sick of that old thing...:naughty:

Dolebludger

Reaction score
rkko,

A few months ago, I was thinking of selling my S 2000. When the new 2020 Vettes were announced, I thought I might want to replace the S 2000 with one of those. Then, no dealer had one for me to try out. Then, I saw some non-GM vids of driving in one, and didn't know how I could see out of the rear window. Then I found out how much my insurance would go up, and said screw that! I now plan to keep the S 2000. She's a 2001, one owner, with about 36K miles. It is original stock, for the most part. I've personalized it with a bit of stick on trim, but that comes off. The only non-stock performance item is a cool air intake I designed and built myself. The stock air intake took in only hot air right over the radiator top, causing heat soak in hot summers in Oklahoma where I used to live. My intake also has ram air features, but here in Colorado, I don't think it does as much as when it was 100+ degrees outside! And that mod is reversible too.

It' a fun car, as it is what the 60s British sports cars should have been but never were. Mine still has the original top and flexible rear window in mint condition. So, I think I'll keep mine. But if you want one (and can find one) I do recommend it.

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My F-150 carves corners like the Titanic.
But accelerates like Space X.

Deadly combination, so I don’t go too fast.

My late wife rented me a Miata for a day once. Threw it around like a go-kart in the hills for 425 miles before turning it in.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Sonar1,

Well, F 150s were not built for cornering ability. They are built for hauling ability, and the two thiings are mutually exclusive. my S 2000 won’t haul sh*t!. So if I have something to haul, I drive something else.

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sonar1,

Well, F 150s were not built for cornering ability. They are built for hauling ability, and the two thiings are mutually exclusive. my S 2000 won’t haul sh*t!. So if I have something to haul, I drive something else.

Of course.
I’ve never had any kind of sports car.
Did all my fast moving on motorcycles. Gave death every chance!
Spent my adult life in fleet pickups, and so that’s my retirement rig now.

My current 150 is a step up from a stripper. Seems like a luxury car to me.

B4267049-6A64-4AC9-AC95-3A6B63759EE7.jpeg

Dolebludger

Reaction score
F 150s are great trucks for those who need or want a truck. They haul and tow just great. Now as to the S 2000, it has been called the “four wheel motorcycle“. Light body, 240 hp, and a 9K redline. So, you can see it does handle much like a motorcycle. i like motorcycles too. But six years ago (as a kid of 70) I took my state’s mandatory motorcycle training course so I could get my license and then buy one. Well, I got 100% on the written test and flunked the riding test. It seemed that the decades had impaired my coordination. I don’t disagree with my failing. I knew at the time it was too late for me to be a biker by my experience.

Today, some pickups do ride like lux cars — and they cost as much too. But the trucks will haul and tow, which neither lux or sports cars will do. So there sure is a place and use for trucks,

Latest Threads