Have you guys seen this yet?

none2low

Reaction score
Cool concept, I can only imagine what the pricing is on these. Probably high 20's? :shock:

I really like design of The Seraph model (not that I could afford it) but honestly, I have a hard time following Gibson's line of thinking here.

To me this says, if you want the best of the best from us... We'll be happy to hire a private Master Artisan to build one for you. What happened to only a Gibson is...

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can only imagine........$$$$$

@LtDave32 should be an "master artisan" for Gibson..... or he can make all the money for himself.....:hmm:

It's a V for crying out loud..... Dave already made a MS V for @cherrysunburst00 that was over the top.... this would be a piece of cake..... (sorry for the C word Dave).

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I can only imagine........$$$$$

@LtDave32 should be an "master artisan" for Gibson..... or he can make all the money for himself.....:hmm:

It's a V for crying out loud..... Dave already made a MS V for @cherrysunburst00 that was over the top.... this would be a piece of cake..... (sorry for the C word Dave).

I've got a dead-nuts 58 V coming for rogueaverage16, right down to the urea formaldehyde glue, so you can compare the handywork..

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Reaction score
I've got a dead-nuts 58 V coming for rogueaverage16, right down to the urea formaldehyde glue, so you can compare the handywork..
I know you mention that '58 V build,.... that's what made me think of you after reading this. And this thing Gibson calls a '58 ain't even on the mark at all. It's a "Custom" retro-rod '58 V.

Last edited:

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Cool concept, I can only imagine what the pricing is on these. Probably high 20's? :shock:

I really like design of The Seraph model (not that I could afford it) but honestly, I have a hard time following Gibson's line of thinking here.

To me this says, if you want the best of the best from us... We'll be happy to hire a private Master Artisan to build one for you. What happened to only a Gibson is...
It's like they finally admitted they are really a furniture manufacturer... Oops, did I say that out loud?

Clint

Reaction score
1 pickup seems a little skimpy for what these will cost. Does anyone prefer having just one pickup?

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Fender does a good job of this idea with their Masterbuilt guitars. You can do apprentice, team-build, or by just one Masterbuilder. They are priced in tiers accordingly.

Gibson copying Fender?

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Reaction score
Fender does a good job of this idea with their Masterbuilt guitars. You can do apprentice, team-build, or by just one Masterbuilder. They are priced in tiers accordingly.

Gibson copying Fender?
I remember reading somewhere after the new management took over that they were going to search out these "master artisans" to build small runs for Gibson. Maybe they're trying to tap into that market and license those independent builders as way to compete with them. Just my thought.

Fender has them in-house.

mjross

Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere after the new management took over that they were going to search out these "master artisans" to build small runs for Gibson. Maybe they're trying to tap into that market and license those independent builders as way to compete with them. Just my thought.

Just have to wonder if these will be even more expensive than ML. I’m saying yes! Gibson appears to be trying to see how far they can push the envelope. They have all probably sold already. Collectors gotta collect!

none2low

Reaction score

I'm clearly not in their target audience group here, but what's next, Gibson master artisan acoustic guitars proudly made by Martin?!?!

What gets me is the way Gibson and the new team have made it a point to tout their greatness and enumerate their superiority over "Gibson like" guitars Yet the creme de la creme they offer is being outsourced and built by independent luthiers. Or in the case of the ML series relying on outside sources to teach them how to do it.

mjross

Reaction score
You guys are not going to believe this but these guitars START at 40K and go up to 60K. Just talked to some cat at the Gibson Garage. Thought what the hell, maybe, I’m going to pass! Limited number, let’s see how fast they go! Calling Trogly…

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
You guys are not going to believe this but these guitars START at 40K and go up to 60K. Just talked to some cat at the Gibson Garage. Thought what the hell, maybe, I’m going to pass! Limited number, let’s see how fast they go! Calling Trogly…
IIRC the ceiling for a new PRS is around 15k.

That's a custom Private Stock guitar with basically whatever you want on it.

mjross

Reaction score
IIRC the ceiling for a new PRS is around 15k.

That's a custom Private Stock guitar with basically whatever you want on it.
Hey, I dig the shit out of Gibson but I’m not sure I dig them that much!

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Reaction score

Trying to tap into the Boomer Bucks while they are still out there.

Boomers are getting into their 70s now and looking to spend their kids' inheritances.