Have you ever dreamed about someone who died

freak

Reaction score
After our grown son died from lymphoma, I had a very compelling dream where we hugged. I felt him!
I woke up and was devastated of how cruel that experience was.

Fortunately my brain hasn’t done that to me again, though some dreams are more vivid than others.
I'm sorry. Visitation dreams are supposed to be comforting. Mine was. Sorry for your loss.

archey

Reaction score
I've had the same dream about my father two or three times. It's pretty strange actually, and quite unnerving.

Just the two of us are in something akin to a DC3 with my father piloting. We thirty feet or so off the ground flying across the country side struggling and unable to gain altitude. Skimming power lines and tree tops. I'm freaking out and he's doing his best to keep us airborne. Then I awake. Always the same.
Kind of reminds me of the ending scene in No Country for Old Men.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have dreams about my late younger brother all the time. We jam....I always feel very good. Then when I awake, it takes me a few moments to realize he's gone.

Rds

Reaction score
I'm glad you have that occur. I lost someone I wish I could dream about but never do. Plenty of memories when awake though.

danohat

Reaction score
I had some very vivid dreams about my dad shortly after he passed. Nothing in a number of years. I may smoke too much weed for good dreams though.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
My mom died a couple of years ago-I dreamt she was c oming out of her washroom being a grump told her to go take a nap ya granny woke up laughing! I miss her my Dad and Grandparents.

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
I haven't remembered a dream for 20 years. I'm jealous because I used to love 'em. Even the disturbing ones were kinda cool after getting over the initial shock upon waking.

SGeoff

Reaction score
I had some very vivid dreams about my dad shortly after he passed. Nothing in a number of years. I may smoke too much weed for good dreams though.
take a break for just a day or 2 and you will dream your ass off. they are weird and vivid. then they fade after having them for a few days. or when you go back to toking. "they" say you always dream, you don't always remember it.
I have had the weird visitation type dreams, and also the type where it seems sort of normal except you are with someone who has passed. They leave an impression, but, while I can't count paranormal out of my equation completely, I tend to think dreams are your amazing brain working in ways we can't control or comprehend. imho.

roadbluff

Reaction score
Yes, and I always wake up feeling blessed. I got to spend time with my loved ones.
Sometimes the dreams are strange and impossible to understand, but it's good to see my Dad and Grandma and Grandpaw.

KP11520

Reaction score
No One has ever "visited".

Hopefully they're having fun instead and/or accomplishing satisfying outcomes. Vacationing in my dreams would be quite unfulfilling I'm sure.

Chicago Matt

Reaction score
Yes. At my age (71) I've lost many whom I've been close to, especially my parents (gone 39 years), my sister (gone 20 years) and my brother who died last December. I suppose that, as long as they're in my heart, they'll pop up in my dreams. I've learned to really cherish my relationships.

Latest Threads