Have you ever bought a skuzzy?

skydog

Reaction score
You know, a used guitar that arrived so dirty that you were afraid to play it without first getting a tetanus shot?! Don't get me wrong, I agree they're ‘made to be played’, but even before this age of frequent hand washing/sanitizing, there's a fine line there. Anyway, a quick afternoon spent degrundging and all's good.

treemanjohn

Reaction score
Yes, they're like a dog from the shelter and the always show their appreciation with some attention

judson

Reaction score
actually i have this need to touch and clean every inch of all new guitars, open them up, inspect what is there, give them a good cleaning, new strings and i feel alot better afterwards.......and then i feel its mine

.i dont know just a habit i got into years back :dunno:

skydog

Reaction score
actually i have this need to touch and clean every inch of all new guitars, open them up, inspect what is there, give them a good cleaning, new strings and i feel alot better afterwards.......and then i feel its mine

.i dont know just a habit i got into years back :dunno:
My sentiments exactly; like a wolverine pissing on a deer carcass, or a dog on the fire hydrant, it's mine now!

dsmcl77

Reaction score
I always buy second hand, some has been reel filthy.
No matter what, They all get thorough cleaning and string change.
Even the rare ones I bought new went through the same cleaning process.
They get cleaned regularly after that. They thank you for that..

Dirty sound comes from amps and pedals anyway.

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, it must be the geek in me!

I thought you meant one of these! :shock:

I'll show myself out....

:iough:

MooCheng

Reaction score
Dirt is natures way of covering up the dings and scratches....

to qualify that, it has to be ya' own dirt, other peoples is just revolting

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
You know, a used guitar that arrived so dirty that you were afraid to play it without first getting a tetanus shot?! Don't get me wrong, I agree they're ‘made to be played’, but even before this age of frequent hand washing/sanitizing, there's a fine line there. Anyway, a quick afternoon spent degrundging and all's good.
I just cleaned up an old Takamine steel string for a friend of mine that was donated to him. Nice guitar, but I wouldn't want to put a black light on it. The most filthy disgusting fretboard I've ever seen. I had to clean it 3 times just to get all the sludge off of it. The entire body was encased in I don't even want to know what (beer, vomit, cat pee?). The good news was the frets were in good shape, the fretboard was fairly level and the slime on the body seems to have protected the finish. Changed the strings out for a set of Elixer phosphor bronze 11s. Guitar came out great.

Latest Threads