Have to get something off my chest: Coping with injustice in Michigan

Yowzer

Reaction score
As others have already stated, I would get the media involved, and in a big way. Calling your state and federal representatives and trying to get them involved wouldn't be a bad idea either. Are there any organizations that provide advocates for the elderly in your state? The AARP? A quick google search yielded the Maryland Department of Aging - perhaps this would fall under their jurisdiction? Based on your description of the actions of lawyer and judge in the courtroom, it definitely sounds like there is something shady going on. I wish I could offer better advice.

GNR4EVR

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I do agree with Hemply, and have indeed seen this happen, but someone has to pony up and offer it, and they couldnt afford to put him in a home. So the family honestly has no issue with him being there, just that they cant see him and he is forced to wear a tether and the way he has been treated all this time.

dubyatf

Reaction score
Just curious, Senior Fraud is a subject that's near and dear to my heart....

Who has Power of Attorney (or Guardianship) of this gentleman? The sister or the attorney?

River

Reaction score
After watching the segment I just saw on the CBS Evening News, and based on other direct and indirect personal experiences, I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in the local DA. I'd try to get the Feds and the media involved. Civil rights and due process, anyone?

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
Seriously? 2009?
Come on, Man.

:dunno:

Tis the new way of the MLP

fireWorks.gif

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wonder what he thinks of Michigan now ?

I'm starting to wonder what I think of YOU right now, Jimbo. :laugh2:

You're really starting to get into the necro thing, aren't you? That's nice... but the Michigan comment makes me wonder...

Was the member alluding to the turmoil in Michigan as of Summer 2020? :hmm:

Was the member talking about various environmental issues that have occurred in that state over the years? :hmm:

Was the member alluding to anything political-- like, various controversial politicans? :hmm:

Not close enough to clip you for political shit, Jim-- not yet. Not without giving you a little warning first.

But still: dredging up some old shit like this... just so you could make some nebulous comment regarding Michigan?

Hell, among the first responses we had *members* wondering why you do this crap.

And as of yesterday, you'd been into this new shtick of yours for three days straight. Been watching that, too.

Some of you guys don't seem to recognize a tar pit when you see one. :hmm:

But you're not that dumb. So, I think you're trying to get your toe right on the line... you know, doing the "Ha-ha, I didn't break the rules" thing, just to be a nuisance, without seeming to understand that there are no hard and fast "rules" or legal precedents, or any other protection of that sort.

But, trust me: eventually, just your intention will be enough to get you burned in the end. It's just a matter of time.

Be careful, man.

--R :thumb:

HardCore Troubadour

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
OP hasn't even been on in 5 years so WTF cares what he thinks of Michigan now.......it all read a little too far over the top to begin with......no "due process", "police show up and strip search the old man", and all that.

Last edited:

rockstar232007

Reaction score
As a fellow Michigander, all I can say is....

Some things never change.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder what I think of YOU right now, Jimbo. :laugh2:

You're really starting to get into the necro thing, aren't you? That's nice... but the Michigan comment makes me wonder...

Was the member alluding to the turmoil in Michigan as of Summer 2020? :hmm:

Was the member talking about various environmental issues that have occurred in that state over the years? :hmm:

Was the member alluding to anything political-- like, various controversial politicans? :hmm:

Not close enough to clip you for political shit, Jim-- not yet. Not without giving you a little warning first.

But still: dredging up some old shit like this... just so you could make some nebulous comment regarding Michigan?

Hell, among the first responses we had *members* wondering why you do this crap.

And as of yesterday, you'd been into this new shtick of yours for three days straight. Been watching that, too.

Some of you guys don't seem to recognize a tar pit when you see one. :hmm:

But you're not that dumb. So, I think you're trying to get your toe right on the line... you know, doing the "Ha-ha, I didn't break the rules" thing, just to be a nuisance, without seeming to understand that there are no hard and fast "rules" or legal precedents, or any other protection of that sort.

But, trust me: eventually, just your intention will be enough to get you burned in the end. It's just a matter of time.

Be careful, man.

--R :thumb:

Wow pal.

Both you and Dave paragraph dumping on me.

Things have been getting boring around here lately. That's why I figured the new, kind of annoying feature, SIMILAR THREADS, was added. You wanted us to do this shit. Like . . why else is it there ? ?

Well . . . I figure that logic isn't sound anymore.

Sorry buddies

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow pal.

Both you and Dave paragraph dumping on me.

Things have been getting boring around here lately. That's why I figured the new, kind of annoying feature, SIMILAR THREADS, was added. You wanted us to do this shit. Like . . why else is it there ? ?

Well . . . I figure that logic isn't sound anymore.

Sorry buddies
Maybe it wouldn't be a bad feature if you'd stop bumping every single fucking one of them.

Just a thought.

Latest Threads