Have any of you guys heard from Frank?

Pwrmac7600

Reaction score
I have messaged frank a few times just checking in with him, and I have emailed him as well and no responses.
I see the last time he was signed on here was back in oct. wondering if any of you have heard from him?

Meatwad

Reaction score
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news......

Pwrmac7600

Reaction score
OMG.... part of me had a feeling but man this is some really sad sad news.

mdubya

Reaction score
Thank you for posting this, Meat.

RIP Frank.

:sadwave:

drew365

Reaction score
I'd been wondering myself, but I was afraid to ask. Frank was a passionate guy and really bought in to modeling. A few years ago I mentioned in a thread that I was interested in the Helix. A couple of days later he messaged me that his local GC, in Florida, had a return that he could get for a good discount and was I interested. I wasn't really ready to pull the trigger, but I had to make a quick decision and said yes. He went to the store and bought it with his card and had them ship it to me in L.A. I paid him with PayPal. Not only was the unit like brand new, but it was loaded with Ownhammer IR's and Glen DeLaunne's presets. That started my Helix journey. It's totally possible that without that nudge from Frank, I never would have gotten one. I'm sorry to hear about him passing.

NotScott

Reaction score
I remember when Frank was still into tube amps and we would talk about trading amps for loan periods. When he went digital, he was the guy that got me to really give it a go with an AmpliFire and then a Kemper. He was very passionate about his opinions but he would do anything for you if you asked. He was a good man. RIP.

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well @#$%.

That just f*cking ruined my day.

2020 DOES officially suck big fat..........

RIP old friend. You were my Ambassador of/to Tonal Quan.

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'll just add my testimonial as well. As I mentioned above, He was my Ambassador of Tonal Quan (see Jerry McGuire).

Some may, or may not remember, BEFORE I was digital, we locked horns here on quite a few occasions. You remember how he was, always "bringing Modelling to a tube amp fight" :naughty:

But, in all those 'discussions', what he said, sunk in, slowly but surely. And, when I finally actually opened my mind to his message, and saw how modelling would fix all of the 'issues' I could never fix in the never ending parade of amps I had had, as well as my tonal 'itches', and got the Kemper, guess who first contacted me.

Yep, Frank. First an IM, then a phone call. That call became phone calls, texts. After that, we talked and texted all the time. When I got my first Ernie Ball Music Man, he was the first to know, within minutes, and we talked about our mutual love of the guitars.

He, offered his guidance, tutelage, you name it. THAT is the kind of guy he was, giving, open, willing to do anything for friends, and even foes.

It is with a tear in my eyes, after a bit of a cry, I write this after finding out about his death. I considered him a friend. I will miss him.

But, more importantly, the world will miss him. It is a lesser place now.

NeubyWanKaneuby

Reaction score
This makes me really sad. I bought an Axe FX based on his rec. I was already into modeling, but was ready to get an upgrade to my Digitech. I haven't been over here much lately after the crazy blowout with the mods and what not, but I still lurked to see what Frank was posting (mainly his playing).

Man, this really sucks. No other way to put it.

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've known for a little while. I'm sorry, I thought that all of you knew as well, otherwise I would have reached out.

Frank went so far as to offer to ship me his set up so that I could try it on for size.

Even though i have remained a tube head, i never had any hesitation to seek Frank's counsel on tube amps.

I still hurt thinking about his loss.

I told him a couple of times that with his NY accent and kick-butt playing that he reminded me of Leslie West. He just kinda laughed in Frank style

Latest Threads