has anyone tried Hello Fresh, Blue Apron, or any of those services?

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's all funny, I'm not mad. :thumb:

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
hahaha, imagine the look on some snooty, "I was trained in France!" private Chefs face,...walk into the kitchen in flip-flops and a ratty bathrobe like, "You know how to make Corn-Dogs? On a stick? We'll need some yellow mustard,..Frenchs Classic Yellow Mustard."

:laugh2:

Last edited:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Don't get down on me too much. I'm on your side.
same here . but mention cooking \ . people lose their sh!t
I would answer this but I'm too busy swirling my brandy and smoking a cigar in my leather fireplace chair while wearing my endangered species smoking jacket.

as long as you're properly feeding the girl on all fours , that's serving as your ottoman . you cocky mother fvcker :laugh2:

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
but of course.

who do you think told me I need to order better food?

of course I kicked her over and replaced her with a model that doesn't speak.

Peasants must know their place.

:rofl:

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
That's a pretty cool service. I might have taken advantage of that.

I'm a single dad with two kids, and back 10 years or so I used to use the Kraftrecipes.com site.

You could input what ingredients you had and it would recommend recipes. You could also look at different meals and it would create a shopping list for you.

Frogfur

Reaction score
That's a pretty cool service. I might have taken advantage of that.

I'm a single dad with two kids, and back 10 years or so I used to use the Kraftrecipes.com site.

You could input what ingredients you had and it would recommend recipes. You could also look at different meals and it would create a shopping list for you.
Ah ..out west we just shoot our food and butcher it at home out back.

Ya ..we get bloody.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
I live out west. I love to catch me some fresh trout or salmon but I typically get my meat preshot.

PeteK

Reaction score
There's another service called ButcherBox. It's just meat. It was intriguing to me. Beef, chicken and pork. Every shipment comes with bacon. I think it's like 1 box for the whole month sort of thing. I read a few bad reviews though, but their biggest gripe was the packaging leaked so when the meat thawed, it got blood all over the refrigerator.

DotStudio

Reaction score
There's another service called ButcherBox. It's just meat. It was intriguing to me. Beef, chicken and pork. Every shipment comes with bacon. I think it's like 1 box for the whole month sort of thing. I read a few bad reviews though, but their biggest gripe was the packaging leaked so when the meat thawed, it got blood all over the refrigerator.
Wise man once say "put plate under meat, no blood on grapes"

Crotch

Cocaine Bear
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't freeze meat. Only buy fresh and make it that day or the next. Always been like that. But I also don't have a family to feel or budget to worry about so I know its not ideal for most families. Speaking only for myself.

electric head

Just passing thru
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
but of course.

who do you think told me I need to order better food?

of course I kicked her over and replaced her with a model that doesn't speak.

Peasants must know their place.

:rofl:

You might check out this company for the times your not using Hello Fresh.
I used them for awhile when my wife was sick and we had a really cool delivery guy.
Schwan's Online Catalogs

Pretty sure they cover your area..

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
The gf and I get HomeChef 3X (meals) a week, and haven’t had a bad one yet.. she said she tried Blue Apron, and that these are easier, less complex.. (unless I get drunk, and feel like cooking one myself.. then they get REALLY complex)

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well that was a short lived experiment. I checked my account this morning and they'd taken an additional $20.

I contacted them and politely asked, "WTF?" and they said it was a premium surcharge on one of the meals. I said, "you give me a menu and say pick three for the agreed upon price, then later tell me one of the meals was rigged and is actually $20. more expensive?"

So they wanted $110. for three meals.

I told them cancel the account and refund my money. :laugh2:

That was a pretty quick adventure. Back to just going to the grocery store. :laugh2:

DotStudio

Reaction score
well that was a short lived experiment. I checked my account this morning and they'd taken an additional $20.

I contacted them and politely asked, "WTF?" and they said it was a premium surcharge on one of the meals. I said, "you give me a menu and say pick three for the agreed upon price, then later tell me one of the meals was rigged and is actually $20. more expensive?"

So they wanted $110. for three meals.

I told them cancel the account and refund my money. :laugh2:

That was a pretty quick adventure. Back to just going to the grocery store. :laugh2:
Ha, at least you gave it a shot :rofl:

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
it was a dumb move, that $20 "surprise" was the difference between me being a customer every week and just canceling and refunding the entire thing.

I don't like surprises when it comes to my money.

Latest Threads