Has anyone swapped out tuners on a 2020 standard?

ccrandall88

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm considering swapping out my kluson tuners on my 2020 standard 50s style Les Paul to some grovers. I've had grovers on other Les Pauls and I tend to prefer them. I'm wondering though if they are a direct drop in swap on the 2020s or if I'll have to widen the holes on the headstock. Traditionally I know you need to if swapping Klusons for Grovers but with the 60s style coming equipped with Grovers I'm wondering if thats still true (or if there is a specific set of grovers I need to get so they drop in without modification). Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks! Photo of the Les Paul in question!

Attachments

mudface

Boo Bee
Premium Member
Reaction score
Grovers should fit fine without alterations..... you’ll just have an exposed hole at the top of each tuner.

Lantz

Reaction score
This is on a 2018 LP Tribute. Changed to Grover locking tuners. I'm not saying this is exactly what yours will look like but this is what the poster is talking about when they said there may be holes slightly above the tuners when swapping them.

Attachments

Knoby

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm considering swapping out my kluson tuners on my 2020 standard 50s style Les Paul to some grovers.
I go against the grain. I want to swap my Grover's to klusons. Never had a problem with kluson despite all the negativity. And they are the classic LP look.

crippe

Reaction score
Drop in replacement. I put milk-bottle Grovers in my 2020 50's Standard, screws right into bottom hole. Great tuners, they´re called 102V.

ccrandall88

Reaction score
Drop in replacement. I put milk-bottle Grovers in my 2020 50's Standard, screws right into bottom hole. Great tuners, they´re called 102V.
This is exactly what I wanted to know, thank you so much!

ccrandall88

Reaction score
an angel loses its wings every time grovers get put on a 50s LP
Hah, well hail satan then I suppose. Having used both Klusons and Grovers on an LP I think they are both fine but Grovers just feel more natural to me. I think because my first LP came with grovers from Gibson (2013 LP standard).

Latest Threads