Has anyone heard from gator payne??

TKOjams

Reaction score
It's been a year since his last post. I miss His wisdom, even though it could get a little long winded.:D
I hope he's well.

kfowler8

Reaction score
was wondering the same thing. I knew he was going to step away for a while after his accident.

Murkar

Reaction score
I sent him a PM a LONG time ago now to see if everything was alright, but never heard back from him. Hopefully all is well and he's just stepped back from building or the forum? :hmm:

fatdaddypreacher

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i too sent an unanswered pm. I'm concerned for him, but hope it is only a case of wanting to take a break from the forum for whatever reason.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The man is a fountain of knowledge and his willingness to share it was admirable.
I do recall some threads where he was directly mocked or insulted, perhaps he had enough.

emoney

Reaction score
Dang, Freddy. Why did you have to go being mean to the guy? Sheesh.

I thought it was my use of RIT Dye that pushed him over the top. I miss him, too.

bruce bennett

Banned
Reaction score
its just possible that having been struck by lightning gave him a change of heart about guitars and life in general..

he might be more concerned about actually living his life instead of hanging out around here.

TKOjams

Reaction score
:
The man is a fountain of knowledge and his willingness to share it was admirable.
I do recall some threads where he was directly mocked or insulted, perhaps he had enough.
I havent seen those, but I don't spend a lot of time here any more.

unfortunately, I agree with FreddyG. it's ashame how some species eat their own
that happens quite a bit, round these parts.

its just possible that having been struck by lightning gave him a change of heart about guitars and life in general..

he might be more concerned about actually living his life instead of hanging out around here.
Whaa, what?!:eek:

:)

VictOr358

Reaction score

I wish Gator could return to this forum. He's a torchlight of time brewed wisdom. No irony here.
Although, electro-trauma is a matter to be played carefully with. My 660 volts. :sadwave:

Ole'Lefty

Reaction score
I think Michael was struggling in his return here. I know what it is like to have jerks bust you around here-I still get some of that boorish crap but it would have to get much worse for him to force him to leave( or me, you are stuck with me). But, sadly, in his case, I'm afraid he has not been sufficiently restored to be active physically or mentally. You might recall we had more info from his spouse than from him post, lightning strike.

Ole'Lefty

Reaction score
Yes, Ken-he was struck by lightning and was completely incapacitated-similar to a very severe stroke.

bruce bennett

Banned
Reaction score
You mean there's something else to do besides hanging out here???? :wow:
Yes , It seems there is..

I know this to be true because I once looked up from my Computer one day and discovered that I have...

GRAND CHILDREN!

and I don't remember having the Kids!

:laugh2::cool:

fatdaddypreacher

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
that's funny, bruce, but the difference in our grandkids, is i don't have to look up from the computer to know i have some. when they're in the house everyone knows it, but i wouldn't have it any other way.

i sure hope gator is doing well, though. i hope we didn't have anything to do with his not participating in the forum, and it's just more of his choosing to change priorities.

bruce bennett

Banned
Reaction score
my wife, who is an RN.. has chimed in over my shoulder with her own theory..

"Many times after a stroke folks can't talk, (or in this case type,) the way they are used to and it becomes much harder for them to get a complex thought out..
often they will simply opt to not say much or even stop talking altogether. just to avoid the frustration."

it seems plausible.. I know Gator was having some difficulties those last few times he posted.

and FDP: I'd say our grand kids are the same.. I'm just deaf from listening to routers all my life.

Happy Trees

Reaction score
I don't remember gator getting any flak, but I remember an epic thread where some young punk tried to take lefty out, and got torn to pieces by people who know better.

Murkar

Reaction score
After he was struck by lightning it seemed he never really came back here =/

Ole'Lefty

Reaction score
Happy Trees- apparently if I am "googled" a thread on Woodnet pops up where I challenged some guy to a duel with Colt 1911 .45 autos. I even had a private island on the Mississippi River all lined up. ( that is the traditional location for duels- any river island will do). There is one person on this forum that I have "gumped"- the only time I have done that on any forum and this was in the last 6 or so months. He is in England, so a duel isn't economically feasible.

I am fairly certain that Michael is not here because he is sadly impaired by the effects of the lightning strike. Some will recall that his wife let us know about that tragedy and when he tried to come back on his own, he struggled. I'll email some mutual friends to see what the real truth is on this. More than one forum misses his generous spirit; more than they miss the talent. The OLF situation was a powderkeg which had a long-burning fuse with serious economic aspects and Michael was the person blown up- a victim- when it exploded. One of the OLF owners, totally innocent, was harmed as well.

Latest Threads