Has Anyone Gone From a Historic Back to a Standard or Traditional or Others

StubbyJ

Reaction score
Guitarded...congrats on being clean! I more so happy for those that love you as I work in a field where I see the aftermath of addiction regularly. I hope you know what I mean by this and don't take offense to the 2nd statement.

guitarded_82

Reaction score
Guitarded...congrats on being clean! I more so happy for those that love you as I work in a field where I see the aftermath of addiction regularly. I hope you know what I mean by this and don't take offense to the 2nd statement.
I do! My guitar shop is on a block with a few sober houses, I hang out with those guys all the time. It's weird how traits manifest themselves into things beyond the guitar.

bungle

Reaction score
Have to agree with the majority here. RI for the win. Patience and you can save for the amp.

trapland

Reaction score
My first Historic was in 2008. Although it wasn’t my ultimate guitar, it was ina different class than any USA model I played for the previous 15+ years. That one R0 changed how I played and more importantly it changed how I WANTED to play, for the better. A couple other great Historics later I found my lifetime guitars. I have other USAs, Fenders and others that come and go but the Historics will always be here.

I can’t imagine playing a gig without my R9. Others too, but he R9 is first. I think playing an R9 through a plexi is the primary reason I play live.

Jabberwocky

Reaction score
I have Tokai for those times when I don't feel like swinging out that Historic for "rich old men who only play at home". I put black tape over the logo à la Barney Kessel. Nobody knows...

That said, there are nice USA Standards. But for the price of a new USA Standard I would rather look for a used R7 or R8 belonging to aforementioned "rich old men who only play at home". Best deals going!