Has anybody here recently bought a 2014 or older Historic Reissue?

DanD

Reaction score
upload_2017-10-5_1-28-25.png

'14 Benchmark Collection Limited Run 3-Pickup Les Paul Gloss R9 in Bloomfield Burst.
Weighs in at 8.6 pounds. Purchased off ebay for 3k in July of '17 in unplayed/untouched condition w/all the candy. The same seller sold a '14 R8 w/flames for $2550. I'd have gotten both but couldn't swing it.
Deals abound for those with patience and the time to hunt those deals down.

alnico59

Reaction score
So far this thread has taught me two things:

1. Many have found their keepers.
2. Things pretty much, for all intents and purposes with the exception being TH, ended in 2014.

alnico59

Reaction score
View attachment 267176 View attachment 267177
2004 R7 this one is a tone monster with the original Burstbuckers, be with me 13 years.
I have the same guitar and I totally agree. I still have the BB 1&2 around here, btw which have aged perfectly. I almost sold them! But thankfully no takers. A sign to keep 'em, thank you. I have a set on RC special winds in there now. A2 bridge/A5 neck. It has a fatter sound compared to my others, which a proper '57 should IMO.

Out of all my LP's that '04 is capable of having the lowest action with still keeping it all there.

Here it is with my '59 makeover Traditional. Sorry for the sideways pic issue.

Last edited:

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Double Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the same guitar and I totally agree. I still have the BB 1&2 around here, btw which are have aged perfectly. I almost sold them! But thankfully no takers. A sign to keep 'em, thank you. I have a set on RC special winds in there now. A2 bridge/A5 neck. It has a fatter sound compared to my others, which a proper '57 should IMO.

Out of all my LP's that '04 is capable of having the lowest action with still keeping it all there.

Here it is with my '59 makeover Traditional. Sorry for the sideways pic issue.

I usually only say this to the ladys,...........You have an awesome pair right there.:D