Has anybody change his nut on his Traditional Pro IV ?

danny

Reaction score
Hi guys !!!

I have a traditional Pro IV that I Really like the only thing that bothers me a little bit its that the nut its not bone!

all my customs have bone and they sound pretty good and the Pro IV has corian i think

if any body has done it maybe he can share his thoughts!

thanks

horax

Reaction score
nope...I have a trad pro V and I'm not touching a thing. I'ts awesome the way it is. I would think bone would be a great upgrade, though

danny

Reaction score
nope...I have a trad pro V and I'm not touching a thing. I'ts awesome the way it is. I would think bone would be a great upgrade, though
I dont want to touch it but i just replace a nut on an epriphone and my good its really its sounding way better!

Cjsinla

Reaction score
The nut has very little to do with tone. As soon as you fret a note, the nut is out of the equation. The biggest reason for a bone nut is to reduce string binding and eliminate tuning problems.

neoclassical

Reaction score
Unless you are a purist or a classical guitarist, there are better materials out there than bone. I'm really digging Tusq, but if we put it on one of the classicals the cork sniffers won't even give it a second look so bone it is.

Latest Threads