Harvey Leaves Rikers Island

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Dunno if you guys noticed, but Rikers Island-- a perfectly notorious shithole of a jail operated by the City of New York-- features an inmate who has tested positive for coronavirus. At last count, NYC featured 3615 cases of the disease-- with that total including this one inmate on Rikers Island who has it.

Of course, this has the city's Department of Corrections pretty worried, as if there's anything more packed than Rikers Island, it would have to be something along the lines of a sardine can. This is one of the largest jail complexes and mental institutions in the world, and though it was originally designed to hold about 3,000 inmates, the place is currently packed with approximately 10 - 15 thousand inmates on any given day instead.

And so Rikers Island is noted in most objective analyses as being a really, really bad place to be sent to.

One guy I knew who did just 60 days there before being shipped off to a state prison to do another three years told me, "Rikers Island is where God sends your ass if hell isn't bad enough..." :laugh2:

***************​

When Harvey Weinstein was finally remanded to the State of New York to begin doing the 23 years that NYS smacked him with for his sex crime convictions, it was Rikers Island he was to be stashed in while the Department of Corrections figured out what state camp he should most rightfully be ensconced within.

The guy I know who did time in Rikers added that he'd rather do another 3 years in Elmira than to do another 60 days at Rikers... and that's pretty telling, seeing as Elmira is a maximum security state prison. In fact, Harvey himself passed through Elmira yesterday while being in-processed to the state's prison system. But he didn't stay there... instead, he's been transported to yet another state prison as of today.

But considering where they sent him today, he almost certainly wishes he was back in Elmira already-- though he's probably also thankful to no longer be in Rikers Island...

***************​

Fortunately for the Harv, he only had to do a couple of days at Rikers, because he was at first sent to a hospital on March 11, when the state took him into custody and so he wasn't booked into Rikers until the 15th of the month.

Betcha that was a *really long* two days, though... and perhaps now he's wondering if he's gonna get COVID-19 on top of all the rest of the shit that has happened to him lately...

***************​

Meanwhile, the state's Department of Corrections totted up his charges and performed the usual numeric matrix formulation to decide where he'd be sent off to...

I fully expected that Harvey would be sent off to Mid-State Correctional Facility in Marcy, New York, seeing as he's 68 years old and is not exactly an ass-kicking gangster or criminal leader of any sort. Instead, he's a wheezing geezer with a bad back who probably wouldn't even be able to escape from a medium-security camp such as Mid-State if they left the doors wide open but failed to give him a walker.

***************​

But no, I was wrong. It seems that New York is rather upset with Harvey, and hey: those sex crimes do really funny things when you plug the numbers into the sentencing matrix that the Department of Corrections uses to ensure an equitable sentence in an appropriate joint. In some cases, you'd be better off having been convicted of manslaughter or even 2nd degree murder, so long as whoever you killed at least sort of had it coming.

And so, instead of someplace not quite so fucking nasty, Mr. W is heading for the Wende Correctional Facility, which is about 20 miles east of Buffalo, NY.

Ooooh, nasty! :shock:

Wende is a maximum security prison that is considered to be even worse than Elmira!

Harvey is definitely not going to be enjoying himself there, as the place is noted as being a hard-time camp full of serious assholes, who will now be Harvey's peers and fellow inmates.

I've heard that Wende is pretty close to Dannemora-- aka "Little Siberia"-- when it comes to the sheer, miserable ambience of the dump, even though it's a more modern facility than the infamous Dannemora.

Of course, Harvey may only be there for a little while before he's extradited to California, where he has four more felony counts of sexual assault to deal with. And if he gets lucky, he may actually be sent to a slammer that's not quite so harsh as Wende... maybe California and New York will cut some deal where he gets to stay in California, instead of heading back for Wende with a California hold on his ass for parole.

He's probably praying that they'll send him to Mule Creek State Prison, where at least he probably wouldn't be annihilated ASAP, which is what could happen in Wende if they don't put him in protective seg...

Maybe he'll even plead guilty in exchange for a reservation in California at Mule Creek. If I had his money, that's what I'd be doing... trying to cut a deal...

***************​

Deal or No Deal, however: I wouldn't want to be him right now. 23 years? DAMN! :shock:

He's 68, and so he'd end up being 91 years old by the time they ever let him out of Wende if he didn't get gain time. But even with gain time, he's looking at probably something like about 15 - 16 years, unless New York cuts him loose because of his advanced age.

NYS has been letting a lot of inmates between 50 and 64 out way early because most of them do not re-offend...

...but then: Harvey is a n00b, and so even without the California beefs, he's probably looking at a solid eight to ten before they'd give him Geezer Clemency...

Which means that even if he's found not guilty on his four Californa beefs, he'll be lucky to get outta there in his late 70's. And of course, those California charges aren't going to help him any when it comes to eligibility for parole if he's convicted on any of them.

I say again: I would NOT wish to be in the ol' tampon muncher's shoes right now!

--R

Last edited:

Bluesky

Reaction score
I went to Rikers once. Thank god I was an electrician in NYC at the time. The guards that work there were the biggest douchebags I ever met. Treated me like shit every morning We got checked before being allowed on the island.

Of course 25 yrs later I get it. They work with the worst of the worst......it changes people.

I worked outside the main prison, on the road just placing large manholes and pipe in preparation for what was to become fiberoptic and the internet. I hated that job. I cant imagine working inside, or being imprisoned there.

spoony

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Reputations rise and fall almost as regularly as the tides." -Peter Benchley-
Some have a great and deserved fall.

s

Rando375

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears all one has to do is attempt suicide and you'll be released the next day... Oh, they should probably include a "woe is me" social media post, you know, as the clincher ;)

See the source image

Last edited:

JTM45

Reaction score
Lube up Harvey, no doubt that someone in prison will find your old ass attractive

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dump 'em all on Epstein's Island and let all play The Hunger Games for real. :)

JTM45

Reaction score

Latest Threads