Harmony Comet - from 225 Parsons St.

Leee

Extremism in defense of Liberty is no vice
Reaction score
I stumbled across a Tim Pierce YouTube video where he is giving away a Harmony Comet in cahoots with Sweetwater.

Is this a cool guitar?
Anyone know anything about them?

Made in USA in the Heritage plant.
$1,500 or so.
Is it a slightly smaller poor man’s ES-335?

I guess they have been out a couple of years.
I knew Harmony was making a new push in the guitar market, but I never bothered to look into them until now.
I presumed it was going to be like Guild or Danelectro and other legendary names from yesteryear that are now manufactured in China.

I dunno.
They seem pretty cool.
Aroused my curiosity anyway.

Leee

Reaction score

Premier Guitar review:

integra evan

Reaction score
My local music shop is a Harmony dealer. Pretty neat little guitars.
I knew they were US made, but didn't know they were made on Parsons St. That's pretty cool.
Division of Heritage? Same company perhaps?

redking

Reaction score
My local music shop is a Harmony dealer. Pretty neat little guitars.
I knew they were US made, but didn't know they were made on Parsons St. That's pretty cool.
Division of Heritage? Same company perhaps?
A company called Bandlab is involved in operating both Heritage guitars and owns the Harmony brand. I'm not sure if they are the owner, but they basically run the company.

tzd

Reaction score
A company called Bandlab is involved in operating both Heritage guitars and owns the Harmony brand. I'm not sure if they are the owner, but they basically run the company.

The parent company is now called Caldecott Music Group. It owns BandLab, Cakewalk, MONO, Harmony, Heritage, Teisco and Singapore's largest music store - Swee Lee.

The company is owned by Kuok Meng Ru, the son of an Asian agricultural tycoon. He's a big music fan himself and I think he's doing great so far with his business. All the companies he's acquired have been growing and not sacrificing on quality.

Leee

Reaction score
Heritage was in financial trouble several years ago, and a white knight was needed to keep the lights on.
I get it.
And I’m glad they’re still kickin’.

Bummer no one in the USA picked them up, and their legacy is now owned in Asia.

I did a little reading, starting with the links above, and it appears that there are some young guitar enthusiasts in the driver’s seat.

I’m ecstatic that the corporate rescue came from Singapore - and NOT China.

Reactions: tzd

Latest Threads